Tractor Suggestions Please!!!

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Heckler, Jul 24, 2015.

1. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from are ag tractors we bought a JD 4066r and it's a great tractor! Little much for what you are gonna need it for but hey I've planted food plots with a JD 7230 before! But the JD 4066r works great for food plots mowing brush and we have a pto snow blower the throws snow like no other! Also have a grooming mower for mowing around the cabin it would cut your 3 acres of grass really fast! Sorry that's all I can offer on small HP tractors but that the smallest we own besides our scag turf tiger lawn mower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was just at the JD dealership and the sales guy was trying to sale me a 3038E. Seemed like it was all the tractor I would need.

3. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah a friend of mine has that tractor and loves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BowBecca

BowBecca Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another Kubota fan here:wave:

5. DChappell

DChappell Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was the General Manager of a LS and Branson tractor dealership in Roanoke Rapids NC. You can buy either of these from 24-29hp with a front end loader for less than 12k brand new if you haggle a little with the dealer in your area. New Holland, IH Case and McCormick less than 30hp are all made by LS in South Korea. Don't let that scare though. They are excellent tractors. The quality and performance and warranty are as good or better than Kubota for at least $2000-7000 less. Find a good unabused used one and you will have a super nice tractor at a price that won't kill your wallet.

6. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm probably not the best to chime in on this.
    We used 4 wheelers for years and our zero turn mower to do all our mowing. About 5 years ago we bought a 1981 JD 2040. About 33 hp. 2 wd. It does a great job with our 10' 3pt disc and 7' bush hog. We also pull a 12' pull behind disc and an old JD 137B drill with it.
    We just recently bought a 1991 JD 2755 with a front loader. 2755 has 3 remotes, 2040 has 0. When it comes to pulling a disc that it is better to have gears than hydrostat.
    We also found we could get a 2 wheel drive with less hours and less money than one with MFWD.
    The MFWD would be nice be we don't "need" it. jmo.

Good Luck!

I'd stick with JD.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015