Fallout from Cecil-American Air and Delta will no longer transport big game trophies

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jackflap, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is not just hunters that they are refusing service. Its everyone.

That is where your argument falls apart.

2. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL. Well we tried.

Like a brick wall, I tell ya. Yes, the old blue hairs finding dead lions and wanting to ship them to the USA or those buying dead lions on Craigslist are also discriminated against. :lol:

3. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry you can't seem to grasp the definition of discrimination.

But please, keep screaming how much of a victim you are, that is definitely what this country needs more of

4. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Clearly you dont get it (and Im ok with that) And again with the inventing of bogus scenarios hoping to build a stance on it.

5. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Please tell me what bogus scenario I have invented.

6. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    “Effective immediately, Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight”

Yes, they're banning it to everyone, but which group does the rule actually affect?

7. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I laughed probably more than I should of on this.

8. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When you manufactured this

"keep screaming how much of a victim you are"

Since I dont hunt big cats and dont fly Delta (for a few reasons) I am not the injured party even if you want to manufacture that. Myself and others are simply pointing out the discrimination because we have the capacity to see it, NOT because we are effected by it. Im guessing you already knew this and since the wheels came off your argument from the starting line you needed a strawman argument so you made one up.:)

9. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not in which group was fighting for both outcomes (which was my point all along). There is a certain faction of society who is becoming militant almost in forcing their views down the throats of everyone else and literally trying to destroy the lives of those who differ... all in the name of being more accepting and understanding. :poke:

The dentist in Minnesota got death threats and wishes to rot in hell (one even from a VERY prominent media figure) and no one bats an eye. His life is ruined over hunting for a lion no one even knew about. Now other hunters have even more hoops to jump through to get their legal trophies home. It will be interesting if more comes out to the story to see if people recant their extreme voiced opinions. Jimmy Kimmel was drawn to tears over this stupid cat. This is a third world country where white land owners were drug from their homes, murdered, and their homes burned to the ground to redistribute the land. No one cares. A country where unemployement is over 80% and kids are starving to death. No one cares. One lion dies on PRIVATE LAND and the entire world explodes in support. It's mind boggling to me. I highly doubt someone pays 50k (the going rate for a legal lion hunt these days) to go poach one. It doesn't make sense. What is much more plausible is that a "permit" was issued, but when the story went viral paperwork disappeared, park officials in a CYA attempt cried foul, arrested the private land owner and guide, and even called for extradition of the hunter himself back to Zimbabwe. The fact that the country's president had a baby elephant, buffalo, and other African Big Game all at ONE feast in his honor is ignored. This poor lion died in what was likely a legal manner and all hell breaks loose. The story started as a Spaniard with a crossbow who used a jeep dragging a carcass to lure him from the park, shot and wounded him once outside, and then tracked the lion for 40 hrs before finishing with a gun... Now the story is looking more like an American dentist, shot a lion at night over a carcass they found outside the park, followed up and finished the cat off the very next morning a few hours later when the sun came up.

10. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll give you that. I just get sick of the victimhood mentality of people these days, and when I see people calling something discrimination, when it is clearly not, it rather annoys me. It just comes off as people wanting to be a victim.

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is not just gays that they are refusing service, it is everyone who wants a gay wedding cake.

That is where your argument falls apart.

12. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    certainly

and its horrible and frustrating

13. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    OK sure it's not just big game hunters Delta refuses service to.. It's everyone with big game trophies.

And it's not just gay people the baker refuses service to... It's everyone who want's a gay cake.

See how silly it sounds?

I am not even against gay marriage at all either (wish it was legalized long ago, just by Congress and not by the SCOTUS)... just pointing out there is a similarity in what both businesses tried doing, one with unanimous support by society and the other having to close it's doors.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  14. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: bravo

although I don't know you can prove that about the baker and I can't think of a reason why a straight couple would want a gay wedding cake

but I can think of several scenarios where a non hunter may want or need to ship a big game carcass

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  15. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I figured that wen I explained your bogus/strawman scenario you would have to concede the point. In this case the community here has the capacity of clear thinking and had explained the obvious discrimination to you (several times) and you dont seem to be able to accept it for some odd reason.

16. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I see you must be new here :lol:

Nobody has yet to explain it to me sufficiently.

I get your point. Its just not discrimination.

17. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I and others have (repeatedly), the shortcoming is NOT on our end. Of that we are all certain. Im out. Its turning into a flashback with my kids of

"Because why?" and Im not into wasting time when I can predict the outcome. :lol:

18. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I find your confidence in your lack of reasoning to be frustrating.

19. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have we addressed that they will continue to ship certain game/mounts but not the ones they listed which are now banned, even though they are legally killed animals within government compliance? I think this should be the focus of this debate now. I don't think this will move forward otherwise...

20. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I addressed the discrimination against impalas earlier.