Fallout from Cecil-American Air and Delta will no longer transport big game trophies

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jackflap, Aug 4, 2015.

1. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All the businesses are doing is hurting themselves. There is always another restaurant or photographer or baker who will.

2. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: ok dude

You choose to believe what you wish

3. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I, 100%, believe they should have that right

doesn't mean I have to agree with the restaurant, but I certainly believe they should have the right

4. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fallout from Cecil-American Air and Delta will no longer transport big game ...

Sure most don't fly their trophies home that flight, but Delta is one of if not the biggest airline servicing S Africa and they ship a ton of cargo back and forth too. Remains to be seen how it truly effects importation.

I'll never book a delta flight again if I can avoid it out of principal though.

I guess you could really split hairs and say the baker isn't refusing a person but a service too. He isn't telling the gay guy no he's telling a gay marriage no. Delta isn't telling hunters no they are telling big game trophies no. Either way the general premise of knee jerk lynchmob mentality applies to both scenarios and their outcome.

5. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The difference is one is saying "I'll do this exact service (cake) for this guy, but not this guy"

if Delta was still shipping big game for some people and not others, then they could be a decent comparison

Well actually the outcomes are completely opposite :lol:

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think its sad that yet again, you guys take a shot at gay marriage with this comparison. Cant just let something go lo. Oh well, boys will be boys.

I do agree its a crappy rule and hope they lose a lot of business for it. I will chose other airlines based on this. But, a said above, its a PR move. Companies will always jump on things like this. Makes them look good in others eyes, so they will gain business because of it. America

7. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    “Delta said it has banned worldwide the shipment of lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies as freight. “

They continue to ship all the other big game animals so they are (due to lefty/lib wusification) discriminating against only certain hunters based on their choices just like the baker will bake a cake for normal people but will refuse the gays.

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    While not a matching comparison to the Christian bakers, it is similar in the fact that it's another example of media outcry and "political correctness" dictating a silly outcome. Everyone just wants to feel good and be accepted, all at the expense of their backbone. Both should have the right to decide who they service and what services they provide, regardless of how silly their decision may seem. The judge in the bakers case was flat out wrong. The airlines will lose minimal business because of this, it's a PR stunt that will actually be a "win" for them in the long run since there are far more people against trophy hunters. Someone else will capitalize on it and life will go on.

If these airlines continue to ship some big game animals but not all, then that's a completely different story. Any word on if they will still ship certain ones?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So since you are sure about Delta's policy everyone else is wrong?

10. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ugh

how do y'all not get this?

11. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The confusion rests at your feet. As I said, you wont convince the rest of us of your twisted "logic" but you have talked yourself into believing you. :lol: How you are missing this astounds.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  12. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is no confusion

If Delta shipped certain big game animals for one group, but not another, then you would have a valid comparison.

Otherwise, you do not have a valid comparison.

Stop trying to make yourself a victim.

13. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Now you are manufacturing a scenario that does not exist hoping against hope it will dig you out of this. That is no way to conduct a discussion. :lol: :lol:

14. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    discrimination is discrimination regardless of what the criteria is.

15. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Their policy says "Prior to this ban, Delta’s strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all government regulations regarding protected species". If this is the case then I would agree, that's discriminating towards completely legal hunters with legal game/trophies. They are selecting certain game/trophies that they will ship, even though they are in compliance with government regulations.

16. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Correct. Everybody else sees this for what it is except one guy here who I think realizes he is wrong but is so invested in his stance he will go down swinging. I support his right to be wrong and to try to convince himself he is right. :lol:

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    DIY while I tend to agree you do have to branch out from the right to be wrong argument.

18. DIY_guy

DIY_guy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont want to hurt feelings as its been my experience that liberals are very easily bruised. I only want folks to know I fully support their right to be wrong and voice their incorrect stances on issues but at the same time let them know we are not falling for it. Like saying "I agree to disagree" only instead saying. "you are wrong and thats ok" :)

19. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well if I was one of thos game species, I would be offended and sue!:lol:

20. remmett70

Dislikes Received:
    At least they will still ship a horses ***.