Pro Staff

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WKYwhitetail, Oct 9, 2014.

1. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've done it a lot in the past...Don't mess with it much anymore since I don't have the time for it, and I'll be honest about it, working for free & traveling on my own dime got old after awhile...On the company side of things Staffs are good for the company, it's pretty much free advertising and free labor at shows/events, so that pans out well for the company. I guess my biggest gripe with Staff's now days is some of the people who make it on, you know the people who have 0 idea what they are talking about, lol...The people promoting hunting based products who have never taken an animal in their life...Kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion .... I'm friends on FB with a certain female who I'm pretty sure has never taken a deer in her life and maybe 1 turkey on an outfitted hunt "then she became a PRO STAFF for that outfitter after 1 hunt" and she now has a couple FB pages and promotes like crazy...I'm willing to bet if she was ugly as a mud fence and weighed 300lbs with her hunting resume she wouldn't be on any staffs at all...But since she's freaking gorgeous she gets on all of them. Granted, I'm a single guy and I enjoy hot chicks as much as anyone, but if I have to take advice on hunting products "or atleast listen to someone talk about them" I'd rather hear it from someone who's been there & done that rather than someone who only looks good talking.
    Yes I'm well aware there's still one listed in my Signature line on here...That's a buddy of mine and he builds all my strings and I don't mind helping him out cause he's a great dude and always helps me out when I need something..

2. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This right here is why I love Bowhunt or Die! Just ugly people, so you know they can hunt!

I kid, I kid!:D I just couldn't resist that.

3. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol... I hear ya

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is something that has become a topic that it discussed over and over. To be honest with you, it's tough to get on with your bigger companies on the hunting side of things mainly because there is so many good TV shows out there.

Target archery is probably one of the bigger Pro-Staff platforms but it is also very difficult because it's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of business. I'm very fortunate when it comes to that. I'm on factory and pro-staff's for a few really awesome companies that I truly believe in.

I feel as if I have earned it because I have won at the national level, have many great finishes and shoot the highest amateur class there is. However, I still pay a lot of money in travel expenses (only your Pros making shoot downs are getting money for showing up). I also have to pay taxes on a lot of the equipment I get at the end of the year. I wouldn't change any of it for the world but there's a lot more that goes into it than what people see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk