Boone and Crockett bucks.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Biggest I've seen while hunting was maybe in the 130's and that would be pushing it.

2. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never have encountered anything close to Booner status while hunting, a few that grossed in the 160's or low 170's.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    nope. now days i just hunt alone or with the wife.
    the days of huge bucks around here are GONE. a 140 buck is a biggie now.

4. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen a handful of gross booners and I've been able to film several while hunting but it wasn't until this past season that I actually killed one. May never kill another but I'd be happy with a 140+ every year! Last years buck scored 186"

[​IMG]

5. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only one that came close had this one pic of him on trail camera night before gun season and my dad and me saw him open day morning 3 hours before it opened at noon. Next time I saw him the neighbor shoot him :(. Scored 167 net and grossed around 180

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ruttin, that is a great deer and one of the best mounts I've seen. The double throat patch and the coloring look great!

7. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The biggest deer I've ever seen alive was probably 130 +/-. The biggest deer I've killed was 120ish. The biggest deer that's ever been killed on any of the places I hunt was a 150 inch gun kill. I know 2 people who have seen a legit b/c deer on hoof, but unfortunately it was killed by road hunters. The head was later confiscated by FW when they caught the guy. I know a ton of people who have claimed to kill a p/y or b/c deer, until the tape measure gets put to it... There's just not much opportunity for a deer to get to b/c caliber in the area of the state I hunt with hunting pressure as high as it is. I think the only way a deer could live past 3.5 is to become nocturnal quick. Then they just have the road shooters to deal with.

8. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is one of my all time favorite mounts, two goals I've set for myself and had for years wrapped in one package, a double throat patch and a B&C rack. If a B&C buck is one in a million, that deer is one in ten million at least. Wicked freaking cool bro, congrats again on that deer and that mount is in-freaking-credible.

9. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if you penalize a deers rack its not consider antler scoring. b&c and p&y doesnt define for you if its a trophy. finding or dreaming to harvest a what so called booner means nothing compared to a harvested 120 inch green 105btr naturally scored size trophy taken by both bow and gun.

10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen 2 bucks that would have grossed 170. One of them I killed with bow. He netted 164.

To answer the two questions though... I have never seen a legit booner on the hoof nor anything even remotely close to 200 inches.

Tim

11. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rutin, gorgeous mount man!

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I lost a 180"+ buck due to a expandable malfunction, had to let a 184" gross, 172" net buck walk twice at ten yards because someone else had dibbs on it, I have two 168" net bucks on the wall. The only deer I've ever seen on the hoof that may have broke the 200" mark was walking up the fence line away from me one night as I drove home about ten miles from home at 11pm back in 1995...biggest deer I've ever seen in person. I didn't get a great look at him but he had to be in the upper 190's at least and probably well over 200" based on what I saw in the few seconds I slowed and looked at him as I passed by in the fringe of the headlights....he was a monster. He had it all, width, mass, long tines and long main beams, at least a twelve point and very clean and symmetrical. No one ever killed that deer as far as I know or it would have been in the local news and no telling how many magazines. I've seen several 150's, 160's, 170's and watched one that was probably in the 180's at the end of a field opposite from a big deer stand here at home during gun season of 2012 at 450 yards and never saw him again and never had him on camera. All sightings and encounters since the mid 1980's so a lot of years worth of accumulation.

13. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Covey, def a special deer. Still have yet to lay eyes on one this year that'll out due him but I always struggle early season since I moved to a new area. Hoping to check a few cams tomorrow, set a few new cams this week too. I just picked up 1100 acres of timber earlier this month and REALLY need to get down there and set a few cams. Talked to a local that's been chasing a dandy down there and he swears its bigger than his personal best which he invited me in to show me (195"-205") Either way I'm excited for this season and I'll kill the first mature deer that I cross paths with.

14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've never seen one and if I continue to hunt where I do, I doubt I will ever see one in my lifetime.

15. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen three total in 40 years of hunting. All three were non typical.

Have had my hands on several sets off horn though that were taken in my hunting area.

16. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got close but no cigar yet... 167 1/8

[​IMG]

17. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did anyone go to the illinois big buck contest this year a guy won from Indiana with a 500 inch plus deer called x factor he shot with a bow in Oct here's the pic .

Attached Files:

18. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a 180 plus deer poached from the neighbors farm down the street from me. The guy got arrested and all his hunting privileges taken for life and a ton of fines also but we would see this deer almost every night eating along the road but never seen him in stand.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Somehow I don't believe that deer grew wild....

20. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    and its more than 180