camo

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bear bow shooter, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I will go through my stuff this week. Once you guys figure out who needs camo IM me. I will let you know what size I have off what and I'll just ship it to you. Free of charge. :tu:

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I am a pure bred jack *** but I am willing to help any new hunter get in the woods to enjoy hunting and get a shot. I think as hunters we all want to see a new hunter succeed.

3. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll have to remember that. My sister is looking for pants and a jacket still. I would help her but I'm not interested in giving away my Under Armour.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good on you guys :tu:

To answer the OQ, no you don't need it. Camo helps break up your outline. Deer are more likely to pick up on movement than your clothes. It's good to have though.

Jerk. :poke:

5. ruteger

ruteger Guest

He's had enough responses as to whether you need camo, but I just wanted to say how it's nice to see everyone being so supportive of a young hunter. Great site!

6. bone_driven

bone_driven Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no camo is not needed. I killed my biggest buck ever in blue jeans and green long sleeve shirt pulled up. I had cast on my leg with broke ankle and the 4 wheeler parked right under the stand next to the ladder. literally... didnt even touch the ground to get in the stand. 45 yard shot on last day of the season and it was 75 degrees outside. 130" 9 point. It was with a rifle though when i was 14.

7. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally... Well said!

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wear camo, but have gone without it before. I think I wear it more for me than anything. In 2006 in South Dakota on a mule deer hunt I got within range of several deer wearing cargo pants and a checkered flannel shirt. Granted they weren't trophy class mature deer, but they were shooters to me.