XOP vs. Lone Wolf?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by davidingle, Apr 27, 2015.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got an XOP for $153 including shipping... Will be here tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How long before everyone goes overseas to make a product 20 to 30 dollars cheaper??? I own 3 lone wolfs, but I sell both brands and one is made in china, the other IL no more than 40 miles from my home... I hear customers complain all the time about different hunting products, knives, clothes, boots etc. being made in china and say ("insert complaint") but then scoff at the price of AMERICAN made knives, boots, stands. Yes they are going to cost a bit more, every time min wage goes up, those companies have to pay people more, maybe an overstatement but you get the idea. Don't we take pride in owning these USA products? As far as real differences between the two stands is there a huge difference maybe not. Do you think it is worth it to you? I hope there will still be some people out there who do in another 10yrs

3. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I think all of us would love to buy American made products... It's just not reasonable.

I got, in your words, no differences in the stand, but for $100 less than a lone wolf. For a guy just out of college it was a great deal.

4. macsolocam

macsolocam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 22, I am just put of college c'mon. I do believe I said "is there a huge difference maybe not". I guess I wasn't replying that whole deal to you just to the thread

Sent from my ASUS PadFone X using Tapatalk

5. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love that Lone Wolf is made in America. I love to buy American even if it costs more. ( I am also in college. And Yes i pay for it, not my parents.) I love my hand climber combo II. and use it every hunt.

With that being said, I am really drawn to XOP because of the innovation that they are providing to already existing gear. Like the I-beam, ect. I am looking to buy some climbing sticks before the season starts and my choice is between Lone Wolf and XOP. XOP's new climbing sticks that are about to be out look amazing. With the camo already on it, the step one more inch off the tree, and the self locking mechanism that hold the sticks together without being strapped together. Lone wolf has the same sticks that they have always had. Not saying that they are bad. But to me XOP out ranked Lone Wolf in this climbing stick department.
    For the price, I can actually get the Lone Wolf 4 pc about 10 dollars cheaper than the XOP 4 pc climbing sticks. But why not pay 10 dollars more for a better product?
    Im conflicted with the choice because I love to buy American but I think i might go with the XOP climbing sticks this time.
    I would love to hear your comments and thoughts on this

6. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my take on the subject, both stands are about the same. Everyone keeps trying to say that Lonewolf is not innovating. They didn't really have to they had the best gear on the market and still do in my opinion. Just because a stick sticks out further from the tree and have a little thing to make them stick together doesn't mean that's innovative and better to me. I lay my sticks flat anyway so that new system that XOP came up with does not affect me. Just my two cents

7. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to keep you waiting, I don't get on as much as I used to. Yes, my reply is what I said originally, I've only had to replace seat rail bushings on my 12 year old sit and climb. Those are wear out items. I've never bought anything other than my 2 stands (I also have an Assault hang-on) and a set of climbing sticks from LW, I've had no problems. Thare's my LW "groupie" reply.

9. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also believe there is a quality difference between your LW S&C and the ones that are made today.

10. early in

Dislikes Received:
    So do I. You should have thought about that before asking me for a reply, considering I mentioned how old my stand was and that it had to be made in the USA being 12 years old, with NO issues. I'm sorry that you were delivered defective crap, but that's what you often get when stuff is made out of country.
    I've had nothing but good experience with LW products, and customer service (for the bushings) so naturally I'm going to speak highly of them. Even if I am considered an annoying groupie. lmao

11. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All of my Lone Wolf stand and sticks were made in the US as well. I cannot speak for all the other junk I had though.

12. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I only have the Lone Wolf Alpha Tech but I really enjoy it, for being the cheapest stand LW makes it's still really well made. Personally, when it comes to equipment that my life may depend on I am going to spend the extra money.

IMO the Alpha Tech seat is really comfortable as well

13. early in

Dislikes Received:
    It's like I've said many times on this forum over the years, I will never hunt from anything other than my (original) LW stands, and I honestly believe that they will last me for the rest of my hunting career. If treated and maintained properly (not left in the woods) there's no reason this shouldn't be the case.

14. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you inspected your top section for stress marks in the bent areas of the tubes?

I weigh 160-165 pounds. So I know my weight had nothing to do with mine.

15. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I inspect my stands regularly throughout the season. I'm only 170lbs, no issues.

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How about a disclaimer Todd? :evilgrin:

17. Marcus LaVallee_007

Marcus LaVallee_007 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Havent used XOP but Lonewolf makes a hell of a treestand

18. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Got my XOP today... Haven't owned many hang ons so this is at the top of my list.

19. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had mine for a few months now since posting this and using for coyote hunts and I like it a lot. I only paid like $115 out of my pocket for it and I don't think that an extra $100 for the LW was justified. I have not owned a LW though and I'm sure they would perform very similar.

20. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And then they RAISED prices when they moved back to the U.S...