Whats in your bag

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by newyork103, Jun 27, 2015.

1. newyork103

newyork103 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think this is a interesting topic to see what are some of the different items people bring with them while hunting

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use a camo fanny pack that I carry my stuff in with.

release, extra release in case I lose my main one, arm guard, knife, face mask, gloves, face wipes (early season) small amount of rope, portable battery pack to charge my phone(during the rut), flashlight

3. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Depending on the time of year and the stand location some or all of the following. Range finder, binoculars, spare release, gloves, knife, bow hanger, grunt tube, bleat can, rattle bag, bow rope, flashlight, cell phone, rubber gloves, water, some kind of snack and early season thermacell.

4. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stuff...and things.

5. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way too much!

6. MMcRobie

MMcRobie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Extra gloves, hand/foot warmers, snacks, mt dew, spare pull ropes, cell phone charger, extra socks...the list could go on and on.

7. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Judging by how heavy it is , I am gonna say wayyyyy toooooo much ....

Knives , flashlights , hand saw , range finder , calls , t-paper , binos , extra release , therma-cell , rope , bottle of water , being diabetic I always keep some bags of snacks , just in case my sugar drops ) etc ..

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  8. Turkeysniper511

Turkeysniper511 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Usualy i carry everything i have all year long but realized why make my bag so heavy with stuff im not gonna use and spend 15 minutes looking for something in the stand. So right now ive just got my grunt, release, rangefinder, coverspray, some fox urine for my boots, my camera/camera arm, flashlight, and gutting knife. But as it gets later on in season big face mask, gloves, rack pack, deer urine and all that good stuff will get put in.

9. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Two knives, license and tags, call (sometimes), scent and phone. Other than that I bring my bow and all of the other necessary items like a release and arrows. I try to pack light.

10. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In my Alps Pursuit i carry Bow, arrows, release, Bow sling, 100oz camel pack of water, sweet shirt, gloves, extra socks, different calls, binoculars, range finder, night vision spotting scope, Knife, 15' 550 cord, Map, compass, hand held ham radio, SD cards, tp, random snacks. and if im just scouting around. ill throw in a 25lb weight aswell.
    I like to pack heavy because i often think ill be going a short distance and decide to just go for it and get way back in there. I like to have the option.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  11. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started out with a 7 pocket fanny years ago but switched to a mid size backpack 4-5 years ago. I can comfortably carry everything I need for a morning or afternoon hunt and have room for extra gear on all day sits in the tree.

12. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I carry a small backpack with flashlight headlamp, bow rope, scent elimination spray, knife, game calls, water, snack, a pen, and all necessary paperwork.

13. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used the Summitt saddle bags. I have flash light, my head lamp, calls, cover scent, extra release, my "The claw" retrieval tool (for dropped gloves and such) and my tracking kit (TP for marking out blood trail, zipties for attaching the field tag, knife, license, permission slips). I use my safety harness pockets for carrying my gloves, facemask, safety teather and my cell phone.

14. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With my bowbat XL I'm allowed to carry many things. Depending on the time of the season my gear can change. Normally I will carry my bow, release, quiver, something for scent control, my wind checker, a compass, paracord, a granola bar or two, my phone, extra hat, possibly gloves, fx camo stick, water, karabiner, small first aid kit, knife, and my grunt. During the rut I'll carry some tinks/hotshot spray and some tinks scent bombs. :tu: