Questions about sights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by adisotell0973, Jun 1, 2015.

1. adisotell0973

adisotell0973 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys any thoughts on single pin vs a regular style sight particularly the trophy ridge react one vs the react 5.

2. doublehelix8

doublehelix8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure you shoot at least 250 fps if you get the Trophy Ridge react 5 pin. I purchased it not knowing and had problems with it. I loved the idea but I shoot 230 and it would work for my set up. Have not tried a single pin sight. Good luck!

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Black Gold Ascent Ambush single-in adjustable after years of shooting a multi-pin. I love the clearer sight picture. I will not be switching back.

4. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Cobra "micro adjust" sight, but couldn't tell you the model. Since I also shoot indoor archery, the micro adjustments are awesome for fine tuning to get those X ring shots.

I use single pin system and have for a few years now. I'm dead on at 30 yards, aim a little high for longer shots and a little low for closer shots. Takes a little time to get used to, but I love it. Never have to worry about using the wrong pin (which I have done before.. felt like an idiot after blowing a easy shot)

5. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHA optimizer Ultra lite here. With 2.5" hunting extension. Loving the clear view

6. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also shoot an HHA single pin but the only thing that I wish I would have done or got differently was a smaller pin and the little swivel to control how much light got to the fiber optics. I have the .019 now and should have got about half that. Either way, I would go with a single pin over multiple any day, hands down

7. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I really don't have much to say about either of those sights since I've never used them. I was thinking about trying a single pin next season because my pins are so close together that sometimes it's hard to see the target beyond 30 yards.

8. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cant go wrong with HHA single pin. I was getting that cluster sight view with a multipin. The single pin changed the game for me. Shooting way better than I have ever shot.

9. Sparkchaser

Sparkchaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had an hha which I liked but I love my axcel armourtechs. I do miss the clear picture of my old single pin but I think my armourtech is perfect for hunting.

10. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spot Hogg single-pin all the way.

11. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just went back to a multi-pin. This is my second time trying a single pin and probably my last. They just aren't for me. I know a lot of guys set it 25, 28, whatever and just adjust their aim. I prefer to have preset pins. We are all different and thankfully there are options to fit all of our styles and preferences.

12. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the tr react 5 pin and love it easy setup, dead on and bright pins, and the rehostat light brights those pins up good. I plan on upgrading to the pro version of the react 5 pin.