HTR Twang Issue... FIXED!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by AndyWest83, May 31, 2015.

1. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had a on going issue with my HTR making a twang string noise after the shot. Checked everything, took sight off, stabilizer off, monkey tails off, checked roll pins, checked all fasteners you name it I checked it. Still twang. Stopped by a local shop to ask about it again and Little Jon at A1 archery in Hudson WI took one look at it and took a few shots and new what it was right away. At the time of the noise my dead end string stop was touching the string. Causing it to bounce off the rubber numerous times after the shot making the twang noise. He moved the string stop in about 1/8" so the string was not touching it and BOOM no twang after the shot. So for all you guys hearing the twang check your string stop. Just wanted to inform everyone what we found. And Thanks again A1.

2. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've never had that happen when my stop is touching the string. I barely have mine touching the string. How much pressure was on your stop?

3. AndyWest83

Dislikes Received:
    None at all.. according to the tech what was happening is that when I would fire the string would come in a hit the stop then bounce so fast to the naked eye you could not see it but it was bouncing off rubber causing a twang. By moving it away slightly allows the string to stop then bounce away from stop not hitting it again. Either way no more twang. It drove me nuts today at a 3d shoot when 2 other guys and my buddies kept saying it was so loud after the shot with the twang. Plus the 2 others were shooting quiet Nocams.

4. AndyWest83

Dislikes Received:
    Plus your string stops are completely different, yours are on the limbs while mine comes off the riser.

5. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also have the dead end. Maybe since I have the two extra it helps. But I never noticed it with my blaze before.

6. AndyWest83

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah bud. All I know is that it is gone and Im happy again. My buddy kept saying I cant wait till you text me during deer season when you text me and say a buck jumped your string noise at 30 yards. Haha not going to happen now!

7. chilly2031

chilly2031 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had a noise in mine one day and after checking all the bolts I found my quiver bracket bolt was loose and the source of the noise. Tightened it and it was back to being as dead quiet as can be.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had this happen with Bowtech's as well and the fix was the same. The string should not be touching the stop. You want a small gap there.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have always heard that the gap should be just enough to slide a credit card through.

10. AndyWest83

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly! I should have said that but I went with 1/8"