Eagle seed company

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Bday, May 22, 2015.

1. Bday

Bday Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yah, she said she was the manager. Never said anything about shipping when I asked. Just kept referring to the fedex receipt. The secretary at my son's business signed for it. How was she suppose to know what the weight was and if they shorted the order.
    They refunded the $, but that's when they mentioned again that fedex showed I received 5 boxes. That if I proceeded with going to the forums it would be defamatory. So, I took that as a threatened legal action. I do not take threats well!!
    Point is,if they treat 1 customer like this they will do it again. So, if your order is messed up, it's your fault not theirs.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's pretty easy to tell if they shipped out the right amount of seed or not. Every tracking number should have a weight associated with it. If the weights add up to the correct amount, then they shipped out everything correctly. If you didn't receive everything, then the shipper would be responsible for the lost product. You would have to start a trace with the shipping company. If the weight on the tracking didn't match what Eagle seed was supposed to ship out, then it didn't get shipped to you. This is assuming they are using UPS or Fedex. I don't think USPS gives you a weight when you track it.

Freight companies lose or damage stuff all the time, and companies make mistakes in shipping every day. The trick is to find where the blame lies and attack if from that angle.

3. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If that's how it happened then she didn't handle it well. An employee of a company should never say that to a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bday

Bday Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The fedex receipt shows the weight that should have been in the boxes from Eagle. What I received was 50 lbs short. The gal told me I should have had 4 25 lb bags from 2 boxes. I only had 2 25 lb bags from 2 boxes. The only thing I can figure is fedex picked up shipment with said weight, but in reality the the 2 boxes only had 1 bag each. The problem would be with whoever packed the the 2 25 lb bags. Fedex doesn't way the package it picks up does it? It only takes the companies shipping info and charges according to their weight figure? That's how it works where I work. When we cut the shipper it has weight that is being picked up. Company backs in we load it. End of story.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I would think Eagle seed would weigh it. That should be part of the label creation process. If they have the weight correct and the number of boxes correct, then something would have had to happen after the label was created I would think.

6. Bday

Bday Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think what happened is the label was created with correct order. Then packaged incorrectly with the 2 25 lb bags in each individual box. Fedex shows 5 boxs = 255 odd lbs. What was shipped was 200. 3 boxes at 50 and 2 at 25 odd lbs. It was never weighed after packing, because they know exact weight of boxes when they ship. That's what I was trying to get through to the women. All she would say is fedex shows I signed for 5 boxes. I was lying about the missing bags. End of story.

7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, noooo, I don't work for anyone, I'm a self employed farmer. At the time I posted that there were like five clones of this thread all over the new thread portion of the forum and that seemed pretty absurd to get a simple point across that could have been achieved with one thread. I read the first thread, started to comment and thought better of it by the time I reclicked the new thread button there were like four more clone threads, I figured that was enough and I'd go ahead and post.

The vibe I was getting from your clone or spam posts was that you probably flew off the handle and rubbed the person the wrong way and that was the source of the CS problem. Why the heck did she assume you had anything to do with forums? This entire story is whackydoodle. I'd be happy I got my money back for the missing seed and just let it go at that, go elsewhere for seed next time if I was unhappy. For what it's worth I plant regular non-gmo soybeans, I never buy forage beans from this company to start with.

8. Bday

Bday Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I was venting! Hopefully no hard feelings! Lesson learned. I liked the round up ready beans due to the over abundance of weeds in the location I'm planting. I was calm until she told me I was trying to get there product for free. That's when things started to unwind! All I wanted was the product I paid for. If they did it to me they'll do it to someone else. Thanks for the post!

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that would have ticked my off as well, no doubt she should have handled it better. The old phrase, "The customer is always right" is generally gone and forgotten these days... but I also realize tha tthe public is far different from what it was in those days as well and people get pushed to their breaking point once in a while. It's generally the next customer in line that catches spillover from the last wanker customer, then again sometimes some employees are just asshats for whatever reason.

Anyway, I've always heard very good things about that company and their products...I just don't use them. I hope they get the CS problem worked out for everyone's sake. If they keep treating folks that way they'll soon regret it, there's too many sources of seed out there to act that way.

10. Bday

Bday Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree some, if not most, people in today's society are very immoral in business dealings. But, as a business you can't assume every customer is screwing you. It's 60$' but it's the principle behind it. Not everyone is a liar.

11. Keef

Keef Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've dealt with this company for years and never had a problem. Things can happen. Bottom line you got your money and you got to vent so let's put it to bed and end this saga.

12. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks to have that experience. Being in logistics, it sounds to me like an error on the packaging end. They probably ship hundreds of orders per day, and know the weight of each product to make label creation easier. The system we use for our UPS packages has the weights& box sizes for every product we ship pre loaded in the software. So it probably wasn't physically weighed by eagle....The label was probably printed with what the weight SHOULD have been. You the recipient will never know if that was the error...But when eagle gets the invoice from FedEx they will know if there was a mistake. Every small package, UPS or FedEx, is re weighed and measured by a scanner at the terminal. If there is a discrepancy, the shipper is charged accordingly...for example, if you ship a box and say it's 8lbs and FedEx weighs it and it's 10lbs, you will get an invoice amendment for the additional 2lbs....make sense? Sounds to me like the CSR only had the information she could see on the computer screen, which probably indicated everything shipped. I would never call a customer I liar though, even if I thought they were. Sounds like they tried to make it right by refunding the money though.

13. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I only read through the first page...Bday, I'm embarrassed for you. I understand that you're upset that they missed 50lbs, but dang, they made it right - grow up and get over it. Eagle Seed is a huge company and 50lbs is nothing to them, surely they didn't do it on purpose. They ship seed everyday and sometimes accidents happen.

14. powerstro284

powerstro284 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If they refunded the money they made it right

15. nutritionist

nutritionist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, there is a reason why i was looking for and now have alternative products.
    Use to sell eagle beans.....

many companies in the food plot industry have a similar marketing and distribution approach....