Truck owners and brand loyalty.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MGH_PA, May 18, 2015.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much, but the guy who came up with the idea was brilliant.

2. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I dropped my Ford off to get new rotors and on the way home my Chevy developed a catastrophic coolant leak. Now I have both trucks in the shop. Yay!!! :(

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Considering how classless some people are ...it shouldn't surprise us....

4. TEN RING

TEN RING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I work on ford trucks all day and drive a chevy truck

5. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You see a lot of ads saying "Ranks highest in initial customer satisfaction"

That means its great when you drive it off the lot.

Tell me how you feel about it in 10 years. There is a reason why Consumer Reports ranks certain brands poorly and recommends others.

6. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This should say "My truck was built with Burritos and Coronas NOT chopsticks"

7. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think you're thinking of dodge

8. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never understood that either. Lets hear about 1 year, 5 year and 10 year customer satisfaction.

I've driven Fords, Chevys and Toyotas. The Toyotas for me have had far fewer problems and have been more reliable than the other two and I'll continue to stick with them until they start letting me down.

9. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I've been happy with my Toyotas all except the rust. I'm very particular about washing during the winter and the frames on both my 96 and now my 05 are unacceptable.

10. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a chevy silverado, jeep wrangler, toyota tundra, and ford f-150. I haven't had a problem with any of them, I'm pretty open minded about brands as long as I end up with something that does what it's supposed to and I like driving it.

11. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a Chevy guy myself. My Grandfather worked at Ford his whole life and retired a top executive but I won't even rent a ford. Whenever I drive in one I pick it to pieces. Always seemed to me like Ford designers never drive their own cars or have never driven a chevy or toyota.

12. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like Ford trucks, but I will buy another type. I have owned 2 trucks, both have been Ford F150s. I own a 1997 Ford F150 now. My next truck will be a White Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4.

I bought my first one, '06 Ford F-150 in the pic below, because it was an Awesome Looking truck. I miss that truck to this day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  13. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I ma not tied to any brand either. I like mixed trucks because I am only 5'5" and anything bigger makes me feel like a 2 year old driving his dads truck. :p I have owned a minivan from my first marriage, a Ford Ranger, a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and now a Chevy Colorado. I have figured out I do prefer a truck though. I try to stay in Ford, GM or Chrysler for the hope of keeping American jobs going. Yes I realize stuff is made all over but. I recently got the Colorado because it was the return of a mid-sized truck and quite honestly I didn't like the price tag on the full size trucks with the options I wanted. The Jeep was awesome but I missed have a truck.. As far as getting a vehicle, buy what you like, its your money and you worked hard for it so it only seems fitting you spend it on what you want/need. Good luck!! Toyota makes a nice truck and has a track record for long term reliability. If it makes you happy go for it.

14. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not brand loayal, but it would be very unlikely that I would ever buy a new dodge truck and would never buy a Toyota or Nissan truck. There is just a stigma to me driving a Toyota or Nissan truck. Next thing you know Kia will be making them.

15. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will never buy another dodge truck after a bad experience with one. I currently have a Tundra, so obviously Toyotas are the best and the rest all stink.

17. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a 2005 Chevy Z71 pickup new and had a lot of mechanical issues with it the entire 7 years I owned it. I traded it in for a new 2012 Ford F150 Lariat that I love. I have had zero problems or complaints with it. It is a much more quiet and comfortable truck to drive and tows my tractor and trailer better than the Chevy did. It also does a much better job off road than the Chevy ever did. I've had S-10's, Ford Rangers, full size pickups and a Bronco II. I have never been brand loyal, but my current Ford pickup has definitely impressed me. To the point that I am likely to trade my current pickup for another Ford. The amount of room in the cab of the Ford F150 4 door is absurd. My only concern at this time is whether or not I want an aluminum body pickup.

18. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Good points, everyone. Seems as though most of you are pretty level headed about the topic. If only automotive forums were the same.

19. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let's see...

I've owned a 98 Ranger
    -01 1500
    -02 F150
    -04 Tacoma 4 Door
    -05 1500 4 Door
    -04 tacoma

Im not so much brand loyal, but if I was looking today it would be Chevy or GMC. I thought my F150 rode like you were sitting on a wooden bench. Liked the tacomas, first one was a 4 door...one i currently have is just extended cab, with 2 kids that probably wasn't a great idea. Loved the room the 05 1500 offered in a 4 door. Never owned a Dodge, kinda doubt I ever will.

20. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My 2002 Chevy Avalanche is still the coolest truck in my book. Fold down back seats which gives it a full 8' bed animal. Four inch lift kit with stainless steel steps. My kids loved it, and now my son wants it. Go figure.