When is the time to just "bow out"?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The greatest part of rural living is the people, they live like you, and are the greatest, its not surprising to come home and find a dozen eggs, some sweet corn or even a pumpkin pie, that one of the neighbors dropped off.

2. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We live in a small city. the girls can walk to school. There is a wild area between our neighborhood and the river, about 40-50 acres, where the kids from the neighborhood play, in groups of course. All the kids have orders not to go there unless in a group.

There is state land for hunting in all directions about a 1/2 hour away. The board fence and shrubbery around our back yard allows us to practice with our bows and me to sunbathe in private. The club where we shoot is very nice, and also about a 1/2 hour away.

We have considered moving to the country, but haven't seen the advantages yet, as far as our lifestyle is concerned.

3. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here,my dad will go on cnn every single day but me,maybe once a month.And i dont have facebook,twitter or any other social media stuff

4. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really like where I am. 4 miles from town with a 6000 population. I've got a 100 acre lake and wildlife refuge just to my south, and my wife's relatives are the only other ones that live on this county road. My in laws ground is a 15 minute drive, and my dads property is a 25 minute drive. I also have access to IL and KY within 20 minutes. The only bad thing about around here is some of the trashy *** people that throw their trash out or come down our road looking for a place to do drugs. There is a small pull in by a ditch that usually has either some trash or parafanalia in it. It has gotten better though since the game warden rents a house a couple hundred yards away. I'd still rather live out west though. The backcountry appeals to me so much, but my wife will never leave here. Oh well, I can still take trips I suppose.