I hate everyone today.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by RugerRedbone, Apr 4, 2015.

1. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Keep it up Ruger. If you want, we can help each other out. When my son was born back in December, I vowed to never hold him or take care of him in any way with a dip in. I stuck to that and it's helped. On Jan 1 I cut back from dipping every day to only on Friday/Saturday. I've wavered off that a few times in the past couple months and it's tough. Just need quit it all together. I'll get there and so will you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I quite smoking almost 5 years ago, I had my last dip Saturday afternoon. It has been a rough morning.

3. Double Creek

Double Creek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I quit dipping a few months ago after 20 yrs..... I have been cheating with the nicotine gum.. I think I'm addicted to it now! ;)

4. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Day 4 and haven't gone back yet. Been incredibly sick yesterday and this morning, just now feeling human again. Thanks for all the support, I will be successful this time around.

5. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pullin for ya, yesterday sucked bad for me. Today hasn't been too rough...... yet

6. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I quit 4 years ago, it's the best thing I've done. It's made me a better hunter, and it's nice having a sense of smell! You can do it, I'm extremely weak willed, and even I quit! Keep it up, if you need any help, let me know.

7. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is my last can of Copenhagen that I bought over two years ago. When I quit, I carried it with me just like always. Whenever I felt the need to dip, I would tell myself that it was there in my pocket for when I needed it but I didn't need it right now. Later it moved from my jeans to my coat pocket then it was in the pickup for when I needed it...
    Now it sits in the house all dried out but when I get the occasional craving I know it's there if I need to go get it but I don't need to right now.

The cravings pass easier when you take away the "I want what I can't have" and change it to a "I will have it later" except you keep putting it off indefinitely.
    uploadfromtaptalk1428422684179.jpg

8. RugerRedbone

Dislikes Received:
    This is insane. If I tried that method I'd be having a nice dip right now. For me the physical need has passed I think, and now I catch myself reaching for my back pocket all the time. Also empty soda bottles are the devil.

I think the fact that I just decided to quit is helping. No one was harping on me I was just ready.

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pulling for you man. I had a get together with like 20 of my college buddies about 2 weeks ago. Half of them still dip and I am seriously worried about their health as we all are about 40.

10. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nicotine is hard to quit, if you can get through 4 weeks you will have made it. My advice is to find a crutch. I wanted to give in when I experienced a lot of pressure or I was mad about something. Good for you and your family.

I made a health choice in September that was almost as tough and that was quitting soda. I can't believe how much of a difference that has made in my life. Just for starters, I have lost 28 pounds in 7 months. I was taking in an extra 750 calories a day.

11. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't even stand smoke. Sometimes when I'm with friends I will catch myself holding my breath then I realize I can't breath and then I will cover my nose with my hand as casually as I can to take a breath without smoke. I don't think I could ever start smoking or dipping, I mean I feel fine without it so I don't think I would need it for any reason. At least you're trying to quit and hopefully you will be successful.

12. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been doing the same thing for about 4 weeks now, except once or twice a week I will have one a day. I feel much better now than I used to, now when I play a game of basketball I don't feel out of breath so soon.

13. RugerRedbone

Dislikes Received:
    That may be my next goal. Soda. I don't need to lose any weight but between soda and tobacco, I'm not sure which is worse for you. When I've been tobacco free for 3 months I will quit soda as well.

14. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there RR. You can do this. I quit 25 years ago and believe me it is worth it.

If it is any comfort, quitting smoking and dipping is not the the worst thing in the world. I used to work with an old codger that told me when I was quitting that the only thing worse that a reformed smoker is a reformed hooker. How he knew he wouldn't tell me but I survived.

Be strong!

15. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had a soda in like 3-4 years...

16. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First 4 days are the worst. After that it's just as simple as not giving in. I used the fake chew stuff. It was absolutely terrible, but using it for 5 minutes killed the urge enough to get thru another hour. 30 days and you're home free. Guess your brain creates new passageways or something after that

17. RugerRedbone

Dislikes Received:
    I still hate you all after day 5. Maybe slightly less though.

Tacklebox, how's it going for you?

18. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think the simple fact that you aren't putting all those chemicals in your body is enough to quit. Call me crazy...

I quit smoking cigarettes 2001 among other things and never looked back.

19. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Days 3-4 were the worst for me. Good luck.

20. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How's it going Ruger? You still alive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk