Your Biggest Public Land Buck?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    These are my best public land deer....all from New York. The biggest is 170 gross

Attached Files:

2. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These scored 130 and 159. The bigger deer had approximately 20 inches broken off according to the taxidermist.[​IMG]

3. arrowjunkie

arrowjunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Those are some great Public land deer!

4. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is my highest scoring buck. Found an area while scouting that was TORE up with fresh sign, went back the following week and shot this guy trailing a doe less than an hour after getting in stand.

[​IMG]

5. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One of my biggest deer taken on public land was a semi trophy size or a nice scorable 7 pointer taken in south east mn back in 2006 during the 2nd day of the first shotgun season in se mn. It was the morning my last day to hunt because i had to go back to school. I thought my hunt was gonna end until i start hearing leaves crucnhing so loud coming from the bottom to up the hill. I look behind my portable stand i said. Its a deer, no its a shooter. I saw that big body big neck with a nice rack. I knew i cant let this semi trophy walk away because it was my first semi trophy buck. As i first shot him, he didnt go down, i shot all 5 bullets and he didnt know whats going on. As he walk under my tree stand i shot him three more times. And i lost him. As i got down the treestand i walked 15yds and he was on the ground. So i gave him the last shot on the lungs. I was very happy i bag that buck. I even decided to do a shoulder mount on him.

6. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Those are some great public land bucks....For 2015 I'm going to be concentrating, mostly during early season, on public land. Hoping I can put down a 3.5 year old or better on film. Great deer guys!

7. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These are the largest I've been Blessed to harvest with bow and gun. Each were killed on the same piece of over-hunted public property.

Bow 152" and change

[​IMG]

Gun Never measured!!

[​IMG]