They finally admit it's their religion

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MartinHunter, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

World of Change: Global Temperatures : Feature Articles

What are you thoughts on this one, last two paragraphs, see below

2. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The sun is the number one cause of Global cooling and global warming not us.... nothing we do will fix that no matter what we do..

The FACT is no matter what I post on this or where I get it from several of you won't read it anyway you just want to argue because you disagree with my opinions either religious, political or other.

I could do a quick Google search and find a 100 scientific articles on global warming bunk and the fact we are cooling, but you still wouldn't care, you just want to argue...

I will add you could probably find an equal amount of studies pointing too global warming as the death of us all..
    So until we are slapped in the face with harsh reality or until it affects directly us we continue to argue..

I maintain this is not a political issue but an issue that affects all American left or right black or white.. If we continue down the road of the global warming doom sayers it will affect our economy and not for the good..

3. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Can we deny that global warming could be occurring?

No, there have been many cycles of warming and cooling throughout the earth's 4 1/2 billion years of existence.

Can we deny that global cooling could be occurring?

No, see above.

Could our human activity be the sole cause of global warming?

Not at all likely. See above.

Could we be contributing to global warming? Or cooling?

Possibly. Can't really rule it out.

If we are, could we measure the effect of our activities?

No, our techniques aren't that sophisticated. We can't even tell for sure if it's getting warmer or cooler.

Assuming we are contributing to global warming, should we prepare for calamitous effects?

No, residents of West Virginia will not be owning ocean front property.

Assuming we are not contributing to global warming, should we prepare for calamitous effects?

No, see above.

But to keep things in perspective on a long-term basis, keep in mind the following.

I am typing this from what was the location of the Laurentide Ice Sheet. This was a glacier which covered a good bit of North America starting about 90,000 years ago, building and then receding up to about 12,000 years ago. Do the math.

Conclusion? There is no need to panic. We will have ample time to adjust to any serious changes.

4. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If we ignore climate change and it is us, we're screwed also. We cannot win

5. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    this isn't fact...

also not fact

6. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    and about those melting ice caps..

A chilly Arctic summer has left 533,000 more square miles of ocean covered with ice than at the same time last year – an increase of 29 per cent.

The rebound from 2012’s record low comes six years after the BBC reported that global warming would leave the Arctic ice-free in summer by 2013.

Instead, days before the annual autumn re-freeze is due to begin, an unbroken ice sheet more than half the size of Europe already stretches from the Canadian islands to Russia’s northern shores.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is one of the biggest misconceptions of drilling and fracing. The formation that the fracing is done in is filled with crude oil not a formation that water supply. Ethanol that is considered "green" has a large carbon foot print, it takes 10-12 gallons of water to produce a gallon of ethanol.

Spear I am not picking on you I have read where you complained about development in an area that you moved to. Isn't that just a tad hypocritical?

8. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: that picture

how about stepping it back a few years to see that actual trend...

[​IMG]

like I said, I'm still a skeptic on the "man made" global warming aspect, but something is happening

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I said if we find a better way. Did I say anything bad about how we currently do it? NO. So don't put words in my mouth. Also, no, I already lived where I am before the development started, get your facts straight before calling me hypocritical.

10. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    '''''In the global maps at the top of this page, the years from 1885 to 1945 tend to appear cooler (more blues than reds), growing less cool as we move toward the 1950s. Decades within the base period do not appear particularly warm or cold because they are the standard against which all decades are measured. The leveling off between the 1940s and 1970s may be explained by natural variability and possibly by cooling effects of aerosols generated by the rapid economic growth after World War II.'''

Glad you posted this Grem this is the time period [think is was actually from the 30s to mid 40s]where they have been caught changing the climate/temp data to make it appear to be cooler so they could show it was getting hotter now..

However other data was found to show this was not the case so they got caught with their pants down..

NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center caught cooling the past – modern processed records don’t match paper records

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not calling you hypocritical, but my point is you moved in an area as part of a wave of development, and yet you complain about development. It is like Al Gore crying about global warming on his private jet flying to another fundraiser.

12. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
  13. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not once did I say that. I have never moved to an area that was already being developed. If you go back and read what I actually said, I live in a rural area that is now starting to develop. I have lived in this particular area for over 25 years. I am looking to move OUT of this area because it is starting to develop, not the other way around. What part about the paragraph below are you coming to your conclusion?

14. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe something is happening... I'm not sure if we caused the entire change, but lean toward man made global warming.

My logic behind it is the hundreds of scientists around the world teaming together to study it... To think that every one of those scientists is being paid off by some big shot is a joke. I gladly side with the experts who have been doing the research and are reporting it.

15. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    right...it makes no sense that 99% of scientists are on agreement

they all are not doing it for some political ideology

and the first scientist to prove, I mean really prove that all the other scientists claims are bogus, that scientist will be world wide famous

it makes no sense that all the scientists are in on this conspiracy with the government about global warming

16. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I understand what you're saying but just as many have studied it and said the opposite.. so where does that leave us?

17. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    not even close :lol:

18. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    now I have to call B....S..... 99% of scientists are not in agreement on global warming, you can't get 99% of anyone to agree on anything..lol

19. MartinHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree ....

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

99% people on this forum agree bloodcrik has huge hands, haha <<<BAM>>>