Right to work

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Feb 23, 2015.

1. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Surprise from the resident communist.

2. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i'm surprised you knew how to spell communist.

3. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    however, I think next time you should include its definition.

Do I differ in opinion than you dboy.. I dunno.. As I don't care what you write.. But I guess I must differ since it upset you and sent you crying to the forums.. Calling names.

Sorry.. My opinion is not communism buddy.

That's in fact democracy at its finest.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  4. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that politically you and I have very little in common. The root question is what is your labor worth to the organization that you work for. In a capitalistic society the market determines the value of goods and services commensurate with the supply and demand of said goods and services. If you receive wages and benefits of "X" amount and you do not add more than "X" value to the organization and the goods and services which they sell then that company should not employ you. The only job security that any of us has in an open market place is that me meet and beat the competition. The market will always gravitate to the lowest cost producer, during good times and bad, the low cost producer survives because when demand slows down the lowest cost producer will get to supply the goods. Basic economics, unions cannot guarantee wages, benefits, job security or anything else if you are not competitive because if you don't have business you go out of it. Since labor is such a big cost component for most companies ask yourself why most labor intensive industries have spent billions to mechanize the production processes, one of the biggest is the cost of labor. Unions couldn't save the jobs of workers disaffected by mechanization although they fiercely tried. There is a reason that most of the new manufacturing plants being constructed are in the south and mainly in RTW states. Less labor problems, more consistent production and generally better labor relations. Not that I agree with everything the Koch brothers try to do but your sources are giving them way too much credit for RTW laws.

5. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not that I believe your previous post indicates otherwise, but do you believe in capitalism? Like, do you believe it is the correct economic system for our country moving forward?