Good hunting pack

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bowhunter171, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Bowhunter171

Bowhunter171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Curious what backpacks you guys use. I will be carrying a lot more equipment with me this year so I am looking for a good day pack. Any certain things I should look for in a good pack?

2. LowbanksArcher

LowbanksArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For a day pack, I picked up a Tenzing 2220 last season and am very pleased with it. The pull out rain cover is nice for those hunts where you get caught in a downpour and have stuff (camera) to keep dry. It also has more then enough pockets for my needs, and the zippers seem very tough.

3. Vinoex

Vinoex Newb

Dislikes Received:
  4. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't necessarily have a day pack but I will second Badlands, my treestand pack is awesome from badlands. Tons of room and I love how quiet all the zippers are.

5. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Badlands black jack. I don't need tons of room but this little fanny pack has plenty for my needs, quiet zippers, and not too expensive. recommend

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It really depends on what type of hunting I am doing. frot treestand hunting I use a Sitka 1400 packs or a tenzing 1140...I will also use then on day trip spot and stalk if i am close to the truck or camp and not hauling meat out. I have Kuiu 1800 with the frame and I also just grabbed a eberlestock X2...both of which I will use for day trips that i pacl meat out.

7. Drawdown

Drawdown Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using a German military rucksack for 10 years. Best $20 I ever spent, Ever! The American military Alice pack looks really good but I prefer the cotton canvas of most of the European styles. The Czech pack looks really good and it's about $20 @ Sportsmanguide. I tried a couple of the modern packs with zippers & multi-compartments and I hate em. I've packed mine down many times bow hunting turkeys run & gun style with decoys, blind material with stakes, leafy-poncho, hunting stool or treeseat, along with calls, food water. No other piece of gear has served my purpose better!
    Mine is regular german issue but is about identical to the Fox german alpine pack @ sportsmanguide.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alpz makes good packs and like stated above military surplus works awsome as well.