Open Letter to Trespassing Thief HUDSON, MI (REWARD)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MichiHunter, Nov 23, 2014.

1. HuntinNBassin

HuntinNBassin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would be ready come next season for those yahoo's to come strolling back through!

2. chainreaction

chainreaction Newb

Dislikes Received:
    my dad just bought a piece of land, only 20 acres but it's pretty good hunting and thanksgiving morning we went and set 2 cameras and when my brother went to check them a week later one was gone, but the catch is it was in a lockbox, locked to the tree and he ripped the thing off the tree! It was during rifle season so we pulled the other cam and figured well set cams again after the season. So we set cams again for late bow season on the Sunday of the the last week of late bow, however, we hid them all or put them 10ft plus up in trees. it snowed that Tuesday and after school I hurried to the property and shot a doe. my brother went to check cams Friday night and one was gone with footprints in the snow walking around the property and right to the camera then right to the yard of a gunshop bordering our property. He walked past my ladder stand but didn't steal that but unfortunately he didn't walk past the cam right near my ladder stand. Got the cops involved and they went to the shop to let then know about it and haven't had any trouble since but it's ridiculous we've never had trouble like this with all the times we set cams on public land now we have this on heavily posted private land? Like u gotta be kidding but this guy better hope I dnt catch him on our land because there will be a confrontation. it's absolutely ridiculous that people steal things from posted private property, I personally think it's jealousy but I don't know. Sorry to hear about your story hopefully all of us who have had these problems catch our thieves and see to it that they get what they deserve

3. TrackSoup

TrackSoup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a 2-man ladder tree stand & aluminum ladder stolen from our property. also had many of the no trespass signs stolen and found people blatantly walking on and around the property. Once 2 guys (40's & late 60's) parked on the road in front of a no trespassing sign, then walked past my truck, over a gate, past the "Private Property" sign then over a bridge onto the property. They don't care who's property they are on and didn't make a move to leave the farm when I told them to get of the property (maybe not so nicely) and it wasn't until I showed them my badge and ID myself as a policeman and threatened to arrest them, that they left. totally screwed up my afternoon of bow hunting... I know how you feel. So, I now keep a ticket book in my truck for just such occasions.

Next season I've got to catch the prick who keeps planting dope on the farm....

4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What, you mean it's not legal up there? lol