Baltimore Area - Archery Practice Range

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by mbrown72986, Oct 15, 2014.

?

Would you use this type of facitility?

1. YES, i would be interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO, this idea is stupid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mbrown72986

mbrown72986 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,
    I am an avid bow hunter in the Baltimore area, and I have been tossing around the idea of opening a practice range in the area. I am wondering what other archers in the area think of this idea, and if anyone would use a facility like this. In our area, there are a few small indoor ranges in the local bow shops, but nothing that is what I would consider a real practice facility. I find it hard to find a long range to practice that allows for more then 10-20 yard , and living in a suburb of Baltimore I find it hard to find anywhere to practice that isn't a 50 minute ride away. This is just to try an get some feedback on the idea, and to see if there was a facility would local archers use it? all feedback is welcome. I want to make our sport more accessible in the Baltimore area, but I would need customers to keep it up and running.

2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It would be a great idea but I just don't have the time to make it a regular thing. It would be more of an opportunity to shoot at longer ranges rather than a weekly or monthly thing for me. Just my opinion. Good luck though! I'd definitely stop by and shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. clingy

clingy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would love a range in Baltimore County!! I'd use it often. I need to practice more with by crossbow. So far I've only used the Adelphi range in College Park...

4. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is not a bad idea as most "public" places are clubs that you have to join to shoot and are usually a hike to get to. I am have a long back yard, so I can shoot out to 40 yards from my driveway, with my garage as a "worst case" back stop. Luckily that hasn't happened, but rather my garage then a neighbors house or car. But I also lucked out and my hunting buddy has a nice chunk of land in Hampstead and I can shoot out there. Once I am dialed in, I tend to go to 3-D shoots more than shooting at measured out distances.. gives me practice on judging range and thinking out the shot placement based on the angle of the "animal".