My #1 hit lister spites me

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by avant, Jan 30, 2015.

1. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I live in suburbia with a county population of nearly 2 million people.
    I rather enjoy hunting in an urban environment as it presents its unique challenges.
    I hunt a property which is at the end of my neighborhood of townhouses (I hate living in these stupid things)

In front of my townhouse (end unit far end) is a 50 yard wide 150 yard long strip of grass which runs left to right across the front of my house on the other side of a typical neighborhood road. On the other side of this grass strip is more townhouses. At the end of the grass strip to the right however is the woods which then leads to my hunting property. I've been hunting this big 10 point all season since I first got pictures of him in September. I never found him on property and was praying a trespasser hadn't poached him. I got my first encounter with him last saturday while setting a trail cam, I bumped him from a clearing and oh man was he great to see in person at 35 yards. Too bad season ended 4 weeks ago.

Well tonight (1am) I take my dog outside while my newborn is sleeping for a potty break. I take my mathews Helim with me and a flash light and decide to target shoot my rhinehart a few times since i'm awake. Well my dog gets a low growl going on and i turn to look....deer body off in the dark. Put my dog inside and sneak across the road to the edge of the grass strip and hide behind cars and small trees that line the edge of the strip.
    ITS HIM! He's 40 yards from my front door just walking the strip. He's all alone not really paying me much attention and just saying "HA HA HA HA HA you can't get me" I was so worked up ARG all that work during season and he just walks up to my front door to say hi

WGI_0010.jpg

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That buck is on to you and your intentions and he is mocking you, he will now show up to taunt you until you have dreams of taking him then he will disappear when season opens next year.:bhod:

3. cooperve

cooperve Newb

Dislikes Received:
    He even put a target on his kill area for you.

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The white patch is quite unique!

5. avant

avant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes he has great markings. He even has one on his other side as well. And Sota you made me laugh pretty hard. Stupid AT&deer text services!