Upgrading, I need input...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by rtolliver, Nov 3, 2014.

1. rtolliver

rtolliver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So, I am breaking down to buy a new bow after the season and I would like to know people's thoughts regarding what brand to buy.

I have shot both Mathews Creed and Hoyt Spyder and can't decide which I like better.

Help. This bow needs to last me (I'm a working man). I shoot a Diamond Outlaw (borrowed) and I used a Jennings Buckmaster for 20 years that just recently gave out (I loved her).

Thanks in advance.

2. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you can't decide which you like better and they feel similar to you than I'd go with whatever is cheaper I guess. Or go shoot some more bows.

3. mickeyt360

mickeyt360 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try the bow tech rpm360

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I am trying to decide between two bows and like how both shoot making all things about equal...I go by which one I like the looks of the best and which one will trick out the coolest looking. My personal choice would be the Spyder but that's a totally personal opinion and everyone is different. I like things that look unique and the carbons definitely hit that mark.

I'd also look at all options beyond just those two. That said I always seem to come back to Hoyt but nearly everyone out there makes incredible bows these days.

5. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the Elite Energy 35, or the Elite Alloy, or Prime Rival, they are all great bows too.

6. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found a great deal on a chill-r, but originally i was looking at the creed and creed xs. Can't go wrong with Mathews :bow:

7. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Absolute best advice I can give.. shoot all makes of bow and find what "fits you". We all the know the top names and most hunters/archers will say "Matthews is the best" or "I only shoot Bowtech", ect. That really isn't good advice. Shoot as many makers and models as you can and find the one you like. The best for you doesn't always mean the 1 with the biggest price tag.

8. dorobuta

dorobuta Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a Chill-R at an archery shop - I thought it was a great bow, I'm happy with my current bow...so I'm not in any hurry to get a new one. (I have a Bear Motive 6 and it's been a great bow for me.)

9. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With Hoyt changing their roller guide to something new there's going to be a ton of guys dumping their spyders for the latest and " greatest".
    If you liked the spyder I bet you could find a hell of a deal on a used one, for that matter hoyts nitrom(sp)? Will have a sticker of about $850.
    Set a budget, and find your favorite out of the lot.

10. HKhunter

HKhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a bowtech insanity cpx and couldn't love it more. it has a thinner grip which I love, great speed, amazing smoothness on the shot, its rather quiet for a speed bow, its just a fantastic bow. so many people are scared away by the brace height and the speeds it hits, but its a huge surprise how nicely it flings arrows. but above all, make sure you work out what fits you and what you like the feel of. but yeah if I could put in any input, its get an insanity ;)

11. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both are great. It's basically down to personal opinion. I would shoot the Creed but I would also shoot the Spyder, I'm not really brand loyal so I would be in the same boat you're in. I'm assuming the Spyder is about $100 cheaper so I would probably go with the Spyder. I'm not that good at making decisions.