Electronic game calls

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have any experience with a foxpro? One benefit I can see to using them is if you have a buck 40 yards behind you in thick timber where you cant see him, if you call from the stand, it can sometimes attract the bucks attention to you. Where as if you have a foxpro the attebtion goes to wherever you hid the electronic call. Does anyone have any experience on the sound quality of an electronic call vs. a regular call? How do some guys put a signature line below their responses such as their name or bow setup? Any feedback is appreciated thanks.

2. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    never used one, I do know in some states an electric game call is illegal for deer...

go to settings and you can edit avatar and sig etc etc

3. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Foxpro Hellfire..but for predator hunting. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking...you want to use the call to draw them in or to turn their attention away so you can draw and get a shot? Neither sound like good ideas to me. But the sound quality from the Foxpro are great. I'm trying to sell a Flextone HD Electronic Predator call if you're interested in that

4. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check regs. Definitely illegal to use an electronic call in many states for deer.

5. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They're legal here in NY. I messed with one a little during bow season. The one buck I was trying to call in from 60 yards away just stood there looking where the call was. He ended up wandering off without coming closer. I think he was expecting to see the deer and when he didn't he just left. Might be better to use one with a decoy. My son had great results with one on smaller bucks. They'd come running in to the doe estrus bleat

6. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can't use for deer here but work great for predators.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Illegal to use electronic calls of any type here in Missouri for deer. My brother-in-law just got a FoxPro Krakatoa II and he's absolutely slaying coyotes this year. I about flipped when he told me he was buying a $700 call, but last weekend he won over $3800 at a local coyote killing contest. I guess it payed for itself. They killed 5 that day.

8. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Goodness gracious, which state? I hunt central NC and have only called in 1 the last month. Then again, there isn't much sign nor do I get them on trail camera, but to say the least, I am jealous.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He's in Missouri. I need to get out with him and get it on film.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk