Nocking D Loop Materials Commonly Found

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Rocky Hill, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Rocky Hill

Rocky Hill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nocking material commonly used seem to be .080 or 2mm thick polyester rope. Or #24 D loop material This appears to be a racket, I went to Bass Pro to get some, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $9.00 for about a foot of polyester rope.

I have looked all over the internet and found different materials used for nocking loops. .080 or 2mm Poly, 2.5mm Dacron It seem like these different materials are commonly found in craft shops like Michaela and on the internet.

So I'm sure a lot of people are resourceful and wont be held hostage because it has the name D-Loop Material and get charge $8.00 for a few inches, so what do some of you all use and where do you get it.

I can't imagine that BCY #24 and the likes is it. There has to be a jillion different 2mm polyester cord/rope being manufactured. I just have the feeling that the materials being used for this is a common manufactured material that the archery industry has grabbed and attached nocking loop moniker to it, and charge you 8 bucks for 3 little pieces in a package. I was the purchasing manager for the largest independent union elevator company in the mid-west until I retired last year, and finding alternatives was what I did, that what got me to thinking about the subject.

Rocky

2. RocknMuzzy

RocknMuzzy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Rockyhill, My local Cabelas gives it out free. Let me clarify, they will give you one piece for free. Let me know if you need a piece and I could definitely get you one or two pieces and mail it to you.