Raging Antlerholics - Team 15

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by tacklebox, Aug 18, 2014.

1. marine0231

marine0231 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys sorry I have been out for a while. I have been traveling for work allot. Going to try and get out the weekend after thanksgiving or somewhere after that. Been slow around here since I have only access to a few WMA's in my area.

2. LilSiman/OH

LilSiman/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got on a doe last night, she and her fawn came up to the corn and I watched the fawn feed for a good 20 minutes. Then she busted me so I t\stopped her at 40 yards and the rage did the rest of the work for me. [​IMG]
    She on the scorecard.

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still time to get some points on the board fellas... get after it :)

Mbrauer, get those points onto the scorecard buddy :tu:

4. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    C'mon boys... still time, how is everyone doing??

Mbrauer scorecard dude... pretty please. lol

5. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm back ya'll. I've got 2 weeks at home. Hopefully I can put something down.

6. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been gone with work the last month. I'll be home tomorrow for a few days, excited to get back in the stand!

7. beaubowhunter

beaubowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I have not been on here lately, been having to pay the bills. Plan on getting out there soon though!

8. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Killed a doe Wednesday morning. entering her now.

9. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas, didnt check in as much as I would have liked during season and contest, nor did I get to hunt as much as I would have liked to have either....so I didn't have anything to enter for our team this year. Working 12hr swing shift and buying/renovating a house on top of that made er a little hard this season. Congrats to everyone on fullfiling their tags and a successful season.

10. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fellas - sorry I dropped off...I sadly did not bowhunt once from Nov 12th up until this past Saturday in which I took my 3yr old son and 7 yr old daughter with me to our buddy stand. We actually had 5 does that nearly got close enough for a shot...but overall a great night out, and capped one of my most memorable hunting seasons (even though I only hunted 8 times, 6 bow, 2 gun).
    My 10yr old son got his first Doe during youth gun, and then first buck (spike) during regular gun.
    I shot an archery doe with my 9yr old son in stand with me, and then he was with me again when I bagged 10pt with gun (he was also with his brother when he shot the spike)...this kid is a good luck deer charm - his last 4 hunts with someone they have shot a deer:)

I'm realizing I'm at that point in career and as parent that hunting will only happen if I take a day off work...but I'm enjoying the coaching/football/basketball every bit as much as hunting. I actually Elk hunted more this year than deer hunted because I had 5 days off work to do it:)

But - getting the kids involved is top priority and will lead to more time in woods with them...witnessing my son tag his deer, and my second going next year - could care less if I shoot another deer for a long time...I have 12 straight youth seasons ahead of me, many of them with multiple kids going.

Hope your season was a success - sorry I didn't bag an archery buck. Good luck in 2015!

11. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a successful season to me! Congrats!!