I Buck Bombed My Car

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Parker Smith, Jan 12, 2015.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    An ozone generator will take care of it nicely....

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think your probably hosed. Hopefully, you have another car. If you do pull all the seats and soak them in urine gone along with all the carpet. Try on all the sunny days to leave everything open on the vehicle and set the seats outside. Hopefully you have some some descent weather coming up so you can do this. I would do this everyday I could for a while. Keep soaking with urine gone or some other industrial upholstery cleaner. I think that would be your only hope.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did a bunch of horny males begin circling your car shortly thereafter?

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me. I usually toss the cap and put it in my pocket when headed to stand. Once done hunting it goes back in a cardboard box on my floorboard cap still off. Need to get it out of there tonight.

One thought a I had was to look up an episode of Mythbusters where they tried to sell a corvette after letting a pig carcass rot inside. Was to bust a myth about not being able to sell a car after someone died in it.

Maybe a few of their remedies would work?

I'm almost certain. You're not the first to do it, just the first to admit it :lol:

5. Parker Smith

Parker Smith Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Alright - so I'm happy to report that I'm not the first person to do this. When I called customer service they told me that there are at least "5-to-10" instances of people Buck-Bombing their car every year. I'm in the extreme minority of customers who are stupid enough to do this, but at least I'm not alone. He said it's far more common for them to accidentally deploy in a cabin, blind, or garage - but it's not unheard of that one goes off in a car.

The solution they suggested was opening the tailgate of my SUV, putting a large fan in the trunk (pointed inward), lowering the windows (or opening the doors if possible), and letting the fan run on its highest setting for several hours. He said I can periodically spray a chemical odor eliminator (fabreeze, lysol, etc) into the fan to help cover lingering scent, but it's not required. He said that a steady wind will help the smell dissipate. Since I already scrubbed all surfaces and shampooed the fabrics, he said the smell is just lingering because it's in an enclosed space. It may take several days worth of work, but the smell will apparently go away completely by doing this.

6. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im guessing all you need is a really deep clean..

with FIRE!

7. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did you explain the story exactly like you did here?

Seriously, how would one be able to be serious on the phone?!

8. Zedd

Zedd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A (funny) related thing happened to me 30 some years ago. At the time I was in the Navy living on board the Enterprise in Alameda, CA. My 'thing' at the time was cycling, and on a return trip going north bound on Bollinger Canyon Rd I was hit off my bike by a black Mercedes with a personalized license plate (which I have since forgotten). What really aggravated me was the road where he hit me as very wide, and if I recall had a bike lane. On the way down into the ditch I saw him flipping me off.
    I made it back to a bike shop where they pronounced my bike doa, so I had to by another one (got a Trek 720). Couple weeks later I was at the Oakland Public Library and see a black mercedes drive into a spot (opposite the library where a bunch of lawyer and acct offices). Hmmm...walked over to the car and sure enough, there was a red spot of paint on the right bumper and his plates were the same personalized plates! I biked back to the ship and was talkin' to one of my shipmates and he happened to have a book, "Get Even" by George Hayduke. Actually, he had a bunch of books of this genre, but I think I saw this in that one. I remembered seeing the dispensary had a box of hypodermic needles opened and available for grabbing right next to my work space (never could figure that out). I then went to an outdoor shop Fur, Fish, and Game in San Leandro and purchased a small little bottle of skunk oil nicely sealed in wax. From there I went down to the parking lot of Oakland Public Library and sure enough, there the car was. I stuck the needle in the cork top and siphoned off some of the juice, walked over to the car and shot a stream of it through the window seals, stuck a note on the car saying something like, "I left you a present in fond memory of your hit and run of me ... Courtesy the Guy you drove of the road on Bollinger Canyon Rd, then went back to the steps to watch the action. A couple hours later I see a guy approach the car, see the note, read the note, and jump back from his car. He ran into one of the offices. A few minutes later the place was surrounded by cops (I had disposed of the stuff in a trash can and had used surgical gloves). They approached the car, checked under with a mirror like they were searching for a bomb then carefully opened the door, go a whiff and slammed it shut. The cops then walked over to the suit and explained what they found. The car remained in the parking lot for weeks.

9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great story, sorry it happened to you. Look on the bright side, if the fan does not work you have an excuse to get a new vehicle. I can't imagine anyone's wife fighting the suggestion of replacing a vehicle that smells like deer pee.

10. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I'd probably go with something else. Such as, I left my truck unlocked in a parking lot and some *** hole set off a can of buck bomb in it. I'm glad we got the real story here though, it's made this rainy Monday enjoyable.

11. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get some nose jammer.

12. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

HA!!!!!!!!!!

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Ozone! It really does work great for situations like this.

14. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Baking soda! I would powder the whole thing.

15. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  16. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Use some scent killer! Or got to cabelas and get all different scent elimantor a and do some product research!

Sent from a note in a bottle.

17. 5 seas

5 seas Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Take it to a quality car detailer. They will plug into an ozone generator (Ozonator). Treatments for cigar smoke take about 3 hours. Prepare to leave your car overnight. It does work, really.

18. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Put down a lot of baking soda and a bowl of white vinegar and let it sit. That might help and is worth a try. Another thing is spray the inside down with lemon juice an let it sit for a bit. Then clean it out as well. Yes it might get sticky but you can clean that out.

19. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

Don't waste your time with this. Listen to Justin and the others that suggested an ozone generator. I've used them for removing the smell from a lot of different things. Trying anything else is a waste of time.

20. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: