Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Past Funny Stories!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Deerslayer7, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Deerslayer7

Deerslayer7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys...im bored here at school....i teach..have a conference period...the only thing i can think about is opening weekend, so i thought i would share a funny story that i had happen to me...

Last year during the peek of the rut...i decided to put doe pee all over the bottom of my boots....Now im not sure if anyone has ever done this..but i decide to..dont ask me why....cover my scent or something..so i was walking out of my stand through these cacktails that were as tall as me....and im 6'3.....there was a clear set path that we walk through...it was almost dark, i had my hat light on walking out of the woods. I kept hearin things all around me walking through these things, and i was kinda freakin out..so i got my knife out of my pocket, just in case..haha. I heard something moving around almost snorting at me...And then i put 2 and 2 together...i was like holy ****T i have this stuff all over my boots. So i decided to start walking a little faster....then....i turn around to look behind me in the trail...its two beating eyes looking at me from 20 yards away. A buck was stairing at me, just standing there. I swear to you we looked at each other for about 5 or 10 seconds...it felt like 10 min...and he just disappared in the cacktails. I got out of that woods so fast...i thought i was going to get atttacked by a buck. Crazy stuff...but i have heard it has happen before...Im not saying i get nervous walking out of the woods alone in the dark, but sometimes the woods kinda freak you out if your alone.

Anyone else have some funny or serious stories that have happen to you in the past.

2. CHRIS A

CHRIS A Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A couple years ago I got a call from a friend of mine saying he had a deer hit and needed help looking so I rounded up a few guys and headed to his place. After looking really hard for blood in a thicket with my hat light on I raised my head and someone had stuck 2 glow tacks on a tree about 4 inches apart and about 5 foot up. It litterally scared the crap out of me I almost screamed like a little girl till I realized what it was after we got back to the truck we were talking about it and another 1 of the guys started laughing and said good deal he didnt feel to bad he had meet a set of the one the trail he was on and they scared the bejesus out of him also all of us had a good laugh about it