Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 19 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by txmarshmonkey, Aug 17, 2009.

1. smallSHOT

smallSHOT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Alphakiller,

Nice story and i am so jealous you already got one down!! We do not even start for another couple weeks. I am anxious to say the least. keep um coming my man!!!

2. smallSHOT

smallSHOT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What is the deal with our NAME, AVATAR and CAPTAIN?????

3. BuckRogers

BuckRogers Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Minor details... sounds like our name is Rack Addicts. Capt can be whoever wants it. Nice job on the doe! I too have had moments like that were I get out of the truck and theres a doe right there. Lucky for her I wasnt interested. Shoot em close to the truck and you dont have to drag them far. lol Now get one with antlers!

4. txmarshmonkey

txmarshmonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Job alphakiller!

Is that the only picture you have of you and the doe? I don't thnk they'll allow it without your bow in the pic and I'm pretty sure we have to have at least 2 pictures at different angles. I'll double check the rules.
    Nice Job though!

I pm'd Vito about an avatar and here's what he came up with, let me know what y'all think so I can tell him.
    I like it!

[​IMG]

Anyway, our name is Rack Addicts.

We need an official captain, any volunteers? I don't mind doing it if no one else wants it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  5. CHRIS A

CHRIS A Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think that will work for a aviator and as far as a captain txmarshmonkey if you want it is yours You have been doing most of the leg work as far as getting the team rounded up

6. txmarshmonkey

Dislikes Received:
    Okay I pm'd Vito (Matt) that the avatar was good. As soon as I hear something back I'll let y'all know. He just needs to change the names so it shouldn't take too long.

My Gosh I can't wait til Friday!!!!

Good luck fellas,
    Waid

7. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great doe Alpha!!!!

Congratulations on getting it done so quick...

Season opened here this past weekend, only got out Saturday nite, (to hot Sunday)

Had a yearling doe lick the ladder to my stand then walk straight away,

Pulled 3-4 times on a nubbin, not that is really hard to do :D

Then had a slob of a doe at about 30 yards, but just couldn't pull the trigger, might have had something to do with the two fawns nursing off of her at the time.

All told, saw 9 does/fawns, and no bucks. Good way to open the season.

8. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here you go guys. Right click and save your avatar.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. txmarshmonkey

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Matt! We sure do appreciate the work.

Waid

10. alphakilla

alphakilla Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, unfortunately that's the only pic I got that day. These areas I hunt are crawling with deer so, my next killvest will be well photographed. It's just a matter of finding the time to get out there. I got so much stuff going on like, work (work is really in the way right now), my son's football and, family stuff. Don't have to work this saturday so far but, I'm liking friday for an evening hunt. Hope I don't offend anyone but, I'm looking for a tiny one to put over a fire, whole.

11. BuckRogers

Dislikes Received:
    LOL! veal. Ive accidently shot 2 young of the year and while I felt bad for a little bit they tasted damn good. Good luck!

12. txmarshmonkey

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'll be leaving in the morning to Colorado for my elk hunt. Gotta go to Houston first to pick up my buddy and we'll be off to the Rockies. I sould be back home on the 27th hopefully, with ice chests full of meat!

This day at work is draaggging by way too slow.

13. txmarshmonkey

Dislikes Received:
    Okay It's finally over. I'm leaving work!
    Goin to pack up the truck and head out in the morning. I hope to have a great story when I get back.

Good luck fellas and hunt safe!!!

Waid

14. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    so, I used to know how to post pictures on the site, seems with the new format, I don't know how to do it anymore.

I try to link to imageshack and it tells me that the file size is to large

I upload from my computer and it only shows a thumbnail

Any of you know what to do?

Btw, stuck a doe, had a nice 130ish 10 pointer at 30 yards, but this doe came in at 12 yards, took the higher percentage shot :D double lunged her, she ran maybe 80 yards before piling up.

Once I figure out how to post pictures I will get it entered into the contest.

15. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This might work

[​IMG]

16. BuckRogers

Dislikes Received:
    Good job on the doe! I took a kid out for the youth deer season this weekend and he got a nice 8 point buck with my muzzleloader. Im losing the farm next year so I dont care about saving deer for next year. Kind of bittersweet.

17. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet deer guys! Congrats!

Talked to waid tonight...no elk yet. He did have a bull cross in front of him though-no shot. It's snowing in the mountains now. Tracking should be good! I'll be back up there with him Friday.

Cheers and again Congrats!

18. CHRIS A

CHRIS A Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Oct 1 is quickly approaching and I am ready hopefully I will add a few points for good old team 19

19. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well gentlemen, I have done all I can

The season is over for me (unless I go out and try to thin the does or film/scout)

Took this little guy at 5:30 today, went out at lunch, and the wind was coming out of a favorable direction (anything but east for me), it rained all last nite, and most of the morning, acorns have pretty much dropped last week, all led up to my deer senses were a-tingling.

So, checked the weather, 30% chance of rain, picked out a stand that if it started raining hard I could sneak out, weaseled out permission from the wife and got out to a stand that has never produced a kill from, but being on a corner of a cornfield, I thought it had potential.

It was one of those nights where you feel like you are gonna see something, well got out to the stand at 4pm, and saw a doe then a fawn (about hour or so apart) a hundred + yards out, looking to be a pretty slow evening, then right at 5:30, I see some legs coming towards me on the trail that goes right by the stand.

The legs turned into a buck, put the binocs up on him, looked nice, but not real big. He came in at about 12 yards and I drew back on him, he stood in that opening, broadside, for a good minute, I let down and took a harder look at him.

Geez, he has some pretty good mass on him, but he still didn't look that big.

He wanders into the 2nd shooting window on the trial, draw again, let down, then he looks around, I see the horns are outside the ears. hmmmm might be a shooter, (duh) but the body was throwing me off, made the horns look smaller than what they were.

Half way to the last window (before he enters the pines on the edge of the cornfield) I draw back a third time.

He slowly clears the branches obstructing my shot, makes it into the opening, 20yards away, I have the pin on him the whole time, watching, waiting, deciding, when all of a sudden the arrow is in the air on its way to the buck (guess common sense over rode my stupidity) I watch the arrow hit right behind the front shoulder, it piles him almost into the ground, and off he goes.

I watch him run.

He runs about 50 yards and starts looping back towards the way he came, he stops at after going about 70 yards, takes a step and falls down, gets up, 10 more yards goes down again, 3 more steps, down he goes. (ran maybe 90 yards but is only 60 yards from the stand) I put the quiver on, lower the bow, gather my stuff, unhook the saftey line, and start climbing down, couple steps down, the adrenaline hits, that is how quick everything happened. Take one more look at him, laying on his side, not moving, eyes open (love my binoculars) and whip out the phone.

Get a hold of my dad, shanghi him into ditching his dinner plans and get him to gather up my boys to come out for pictures, took a couple minutes to get him to believe that I actually shot something. (shot one last year, usually 2-3 years between bucks for me)

I walk over to the buck, no ground shrinkage here, it is a pig, dressed out it came in at 218pounds, really nice mass with a 18 1/2" spread, all told 150" on the nose.

Took him through the bottom of one lung and through the heart, the arrow knocked him over a bit, so when he took off he left with the last 4" of my arrow still in him and the remaining 24" or so buried in the ground.

So, there ya have it,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  20. txmarshmonkey

Dislikes Received:
    GREAT JOB!!!!!
    Great job on that doe too!

Now I really want to be in the stand! :mad:
    I don't have time to be here at work and sleepin during the day...