Albino Buck taken in MO - Hunter catching heat.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DD/MO, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would shoot that buck without thinking twice.

2. KHNC

KHNC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man, that is pretty arrogant statement. That would be a true once in a lifetime buck! With the mass and points, id even say it scores pretty high as well. An albino deer is extremely rare as im sure you know. A trophy like this would trump most any mount on someones wall. Especially so as a full body. Id like to be a fly on the tree when a buck like this walked by your stand with you having the legal opportunity to shoot it. May be a different story then.

3. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If that deer walked by my stand it would get an arrow.

4. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think the public will be mad if anybody ever kills the giant around P&G?

5. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are always going be some haters, but no, I think it would be an overwhelming congrats to the hunter.

6. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you, and it's completely ridiculous. That's what made me ask that question about not shooting if a giant buck came by. Id like to see the reaction if somebody gets it.

7. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How many of the people that are mad would have shot the buck themselves if given the chance and how many would have been mad whether the buck was white or brown? If we didn't shoot a deer so we do not upset someone we would never kill another whitetail.

8. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In this day and age I would have let that deer walk because of what it apparently meant to a lot of local folks. There are some real whack jobs out there these days, and it wouldn't surprise me (unfortunately) if I heard that dudes house got torched because he killed that white buck.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  9. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tough decision for me. But at least it will be enjoyed at the nature center for many to see, otherwise it could have died unfound in the future.

10. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Legal deer taken by a legal hunter with a legal weapon in a legal location. What's the question?

11. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting. Think about it like this, if all of those people love looking at the deer so much, all they have to do is make friends with the hunter and they can see it anytime they want to.

Tired of stepping on egg shells to please people who wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire.

12. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Legal Deer? Yep, killing it all day.

13. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a friend who hunts land that borders the guy's land who killed the albino deer, and together with a third landowner they have watched that deer and passed him several times the past 3-4 years. I have seen trail cam pics of him each year from them. They manage their land, and this deer was on the downhill descent in their opinion. He did what he felt was best for his deer herd, as well as what made HIM happy. I guarantee he is not "another clown", and the truly sad thing is Dbags like you who can't face the fact that it was a legal deer, and he had EVERY RIGHT to shoot that buck.
    What is your definition of acceptable land acreage and placement? I have 12 acres that is smack dab in the middle of town, and have zero "tame" deer that I know of.. I kill more deer each year with my bow on the thousands of acres of public ground we hunt during rifle season, am I still a fake hunter because my personal land only being 12 acres in the middle of town?
    I think you kind of blowing his statement out of proportion, I doubt he was belittling the buck by any means, just merely saying the buck didn't meet his standards, especially when the drama comes into play.

As for me, I am shooting that deer one-hundred percent of the time.

14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why yes...yes it is but that's just how I roll.:rock:

15. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cletus, don't let atlasman get to ya...even he doesn't agree with what he posts all the time ;)

And, Hellz yeah I'd kill that buck

16. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's not a quantity issue.......it's a location issue.

If you mean just so they can shoot it of course that's stupid. I made sure my life was spent NOT living with neighbors and arguing about shooting tame deer wandering through people's yards. If someone chooses to spend their life like that then don't cry about the consequences.

17. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

Depends where the 5 acres is...........but, yes.

18. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    When will guys learn that it's actions like this that are the very reason those people wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

STAY IN YOUR OWN LANE!!!

Those people live in the suburbs because they don't want idiots with weapons around their houses and pets and kids. They don't want to hear gun shots or see blood trails. When they see a deer out by their kids swing set they want to just watch it and maybe throw it an apple and hope it doesn't eat their bushes.

Just leave them alone and let them live that way. You don't want to?? Then don't. But don't be the a-hole that is gonna force his way of life on everyone around him because you don't care if every soul in town hates your guts. Go hunt in the country and be happy.

Same goes for idiot treehuggers who want to move into the country and cry about hunters.

19. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Gee, none of us realized it was a case of noble land management and a well thought out and debated instance of doing what's best for the deer herd. LOL give me a break dude. You can't make a statement telling me that these guys are serious land managers if they let a double recessive trait genetic mess like an albino run in their herd for almost 8 years. I take my statement back if that's the case because it's now too insulting to clowns.

20. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't honestly say I would have passed it up. I can understand both sides of this thing and while some may not like Atlas's delivery I can understand his points. IF and that's a big IF I ever shot a town mascot I would not be posting it on FB or really even mentioning it. The taxidermy work would likely be done elsewhere and after a while folks would forget about the deer, assume it was killed, or hit by a car and go on their merry way. Hell I might even plant a few rumors about it getting hit by a car and running off into the woods....just a little white lie.....see what I did there. I know, I know, horrible ;)