Speed upgrades

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Csubucs76, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I have a bear encounter set at 70lbs and a 29 in dl. I was looking at gettin a new bow altogether but decided against until I'm done with school and have more time to use a $1000 bow. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this bow a little faster and smoother? Also you're ideas on an a roller guard. Thanks

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I highly recommend a Saunders HyperGlide, it will help with draw noise and makes for a smoother draw but I wouldn't expect much more than 5-10 fps out of it. Also, what spine of arrows are you using? If you are on the lighter spectrum for your recommended arrows you may be not be getting the kinetic energy you want which then slows down the arrow at a faster rate. If you are able to go a little heavier but stay within the range for your draw weight and length then I would say go up a little and you may see a bit of a difference. Just remember though, the more kintetic energy and momentum you get it will also affect your range a bit (less range). So be sure to retune and know your range with the new equipment, don't just rely on a rangefinder.

3. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ill check that out. And Im using carbon express pile drivers 350 grain with a 100 gr nap broadhead