Bent bottom cam

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Jim805, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Jim805

Jim805 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I just couldn't wait!! Got my new PSE Drive and was getting the feel of the draw and just like a newbie, l accidentally let the string slip off my fingers at about 2/3rds of full draw. Dry firing. Man, I hate even writing this. I knew about the danger of doing this but I also knew I would never do this. Not me. No sir!
    So when it happened, I didn't even want to look at the bow. Sure enough, I did some damage. The bottom cam is now bent. I mean, I haven't even shot arrow one yet!
    Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at as far as cost to get it fixed? I am feeling so stupid, embarrassed and anxious.

2. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Should be in the 50-100 range... I would suggest taking it in as soon as you can - sometimes the parts from PSE can take a while to get in... So at least the shop can get them on order...

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Depending on shop prices it will cost around $100. It really depends on what work and parts need to be worked on.

4. dorobuta

dorobuta Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    where are you located? if you are within driving distance of Tucson, it may be worth going to the PSE factory. Their Customer service is incredible. They may help you out at lower cost than a pro shop would run you.

5. Jim805

Jim805 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in Georgia but OH do I wish I lived in Tucson right now!!! I called a local bow shop and was told it would take 7-10 days, once I get it in there. This is killing me. Thanks anyway.
    And to Slugger and SDH, thanks for your response too.