*** Team 24/7 thread ***

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by charness0001, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    scores were updated today and we still reign! Keep let em fly boys!!

2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw that also. Nice job guys! I passed up a big old 9 pt last night that might have been close to 150. I hope I don't live to regret that. I am chasing one that is better. Time will tell. Good luck all and keep putting them on the ground!

3. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    You know Fletch, I'm pretty sure that 150 would seal the deal for us this yr. I hope you know what you are doing, just saying...

4. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Believe me, I had those thoughts as he was walking away. But honestly, no contest is going to make me shoot something that doesn't trip my trigger. You guys will be much happier if I kill the one that I have seen a couple of times now. Not huge, but I think he is solid 160's or maybe 170ish. Might be the cushion we need! lol

But, don't hate on me if I kill an old 140's buck later in the season though.

5. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hold out for a 190" buck, fletch. ;)

6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Be careful what you wish for! lol

Actually, I don't even know where a 190's buck is this year. Two years of EHD has really put a bite on things. It will take a couple more years to get things back if we ever do. More and more pressure all the time.

7. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    If you're going to beat us, do it well.
    So, hold out for 200".

8. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I was just joking around Fletch. You know what you are doing. Def do not kill a deer just for the competitions sake. I am quite jealous though. I wish I had the choice of passing multiple 150's so i could shoot a 170 plus. you lucky dog!

9. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I saw an old buck that I have known for years last night. I think he is 8 1/2 and the bull of the woods when he is around. I have passed shots as close as 8 yards on him in years past. He has a unicorn point and a really goofy rack that might only be 140's to 150's, but I have decided that he needs to go. He has always been a real bully and I am starting to wonder what good deer he may be keeping from making this property their home. So, I think a decoy is just the medicine to get it done with him. He cant seem to stand having any other bucks around him. That may be his weak link. lol

IMAG0017.jpg

10. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Holy cow dude! That's a sweet looking deer. Go get em Fletch!

11. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Here he is last year at a Monster Raxx site. I let him walk at 8 yards once and a couple more times inside 20. I ended up only filling one of my two archery tags and probably should be slapped for not taking him when I had the slam-dunk chance. But honestly, I was in hopes that one of my son's could get him. As it turns out, they really didn't get much time to hunt. My youngest saw him once while bow hunting but he was about a hundred yards away. No more free passes!

unicorn2013.jpg

12. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  13. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    8.5? Poor thing is probably suffering from senile dementia. Hardly sporting to kill him now. ;)

14. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hit the road Utah..

15. cgersty

cgersty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Snow in the forecast tomorrow afternoon and the rut is on, I will be in a stand tomorrow afternoon hoping to stick a nice buck. Good luck guys and be safe!

16. charness0001

charness0001 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im packing a lunch, thermos of hot water, and a pack of hot hands. I plan on staying all day in the stand.

17. cgersty

cgersty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I'm hoping this guy comes chasing a doe and let's me have a chance.

18. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck cgersty, keep us posted. Michigan's gun season opened today which means I won't be back in the woods until December 1. We've found in years past that the deer tend to use our property as a sanctuary to get away from all the neighboring pressure when we don't hunt during gun season. We have some pretty good late season hunting this way. Hopefully I'll be able to put down a buck in December, good luck all!

19. PaBowhunter

PaBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I'm sorry to say It looks like I'm eating my kansas buck tag this year. It started off bad by finding a lot of the cedar trees gone but then I found my target buck dead in a pond. I had gotten some trail pics last year so I was eager to hunt him this year. I don't know how he died but it looked to be within the last month or so.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did manage to see some nice bucks. I passed up some bucks that would of scored in the 140's hoping to shoot something in the 150's or better.
    [​IMG]

On the last day of my hunt, I had a 150+ (a main frame 5x5 with split brow tines, an inside point and 3 stickers on the bases) 25 yards from my tree chasing a doe. I managed to draw my bow but he would never stay still long enough for me to settle my pin before he chased her out of sight.

I'm pretty bummed I couldn't score some points for the team, but I can still shoot a doe here in PA. You guys are doing great and have killed some nice bucks as well as some does. Good Job!!

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Temps in the teens and very strong winds have kept me out of the woods. The older I get, the more I hate freezing my rear off. I am going to brave it this afternoon for as long as I can stand it. It is also supposed to warm up this weekend and I finally have an entire weekend to dedicate to filling a buck tag. My standards are starting to slip a little and I really do want to get something on the ground. The "second" rut seems to be going really strong right now so my hopes are high that I can get it done in the next week. Since I get two tags, I have decided to take anything with some age that would put some points on the board for us. Good luck all!!