***Official Team 9 Thread***

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by POWERHAWK_11, Aug 18, 2014.

1. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man Eric I can tell you how bummed I am for you. That is a STUD, and you put a good shot on him, sure looks like. Do you think you hit him a little low and far back? Even still that should be a dead deer after tonight. Keep your head up bud, that's gotta be a dead deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Eric,
    Just watched the video. Your language is mild compared to what I would have been saying :) What broadhead do you use? Regardless of that there is no way you did not get liver and at least one lung. If that deer survives it is a miracle. Good luck man!!

3. semper

semper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Sorry I've been away a while but times are a busy. Today I am heading out into the woods. I will measure the antlers like I was requested tomorrow morning. Might need some help with that one but I will follow the link.

4. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    John,
    I will be out of touch till Sunday but send me a PM if you need help. Its pretty easy. I just went to the Pope and Young website and downloaded the form with instructions.

5. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Gents,
    If you head out this week, good luck and be safe.

6. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck finding the deer?

7. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guys been hunting hard the last few days and have seen a bunch of good bucks. Just none I want to shoot. Tomorrow is our gun opener and I am making the annual trip to the family farm to gun hunt. Got a really good 11 pt that I have seen 3 times there. If he walks out tomorrow morning my buck season will be over. There are also 3 other bucks running the farm that are shooters that would tempt me.

Long story short is that the bow will be hung up after today until late season.

Good luck this weekend and be safe!

8. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Tony. Put the big boy down

9. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We did not find him searched high and low and came up with nothing. Lost the blood not far after the trail camera. I am sick to my stomach, and my confidence level is at about zero right now. The shot is further back then I originally thought it was, I thought he was dead on his feet. Shot him at 24 yards with my Chill at 72lbs 29.5" draw shooting a G5 T3 expandable. Arrow was 8" into the ground on the pass through. Still can't believe he didn't die in his bed that night.

10. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys- My buck season is over. The Piebald buck tempted me one to many times today.

I’m really happy to take him. Not a monster but really special to me. I have a three year history with him.

Here is what he looked like last year.

[​IMG]

Here are some pics of him taken earlier this year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is of him this morning.
    [​IMG]

An added bonus for the day was that my oldest daughter took this 7 point on her very first gun hunt ever using her mom’s 357 MAG. I put her in a stand I set up for her this morning at 6:45 and at 7:30 she was lighting up the woods with the sound of her gun!! Next she was texting me on what to do next… Told her to hang out and we would get her buck after the rest of us had a chance to hunt a little while! LOL
    Man was she pumped..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  11. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good looking buck Tony, i sure would be proud of him too. Pretty awesome to see those piebalds. Congrats for your daughters first deer as well, I bet she was pumped!

12. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Tony,
    Congrats to you and your daughter on taking some beautiful deer. Its the memories that make the hunt not the bone.

13. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    I know its not a bow but want to share. Went with my brother-in-laws on their annual gun hunt and this was the outcome. We had nine people in camp and go 4 decent bucks.. Below is a pic of the buck I took. I might actually fill my tags this year. :tu: This was the first deer I had taken with the 6.5 Grendel and it absolutely crushed him at 150 yards.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  14. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice deer everyone. Our archery season ended today. On to gun season now. Second archery season comes in after Christmas. I was a lot of deer this archery but no shooters in range. I am pretty excited for rifle season.

15. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well we are headed back to Maine from our 3rd annual Illinois trip. I had a tough heartbreaking week this week. As you all know I stuck a giant last Monday evening and never found him. To make things worse I skun a real nice buck's brisket Thursday afternoon. I was quite upset with myself Friday morning. I ended up making a perfect redemption shot on a decent young 7 pointer that weighed 155 dressed last night, he ran about 60 yards and piled up dead. It may be the most proud of a shot I've felt in awhile, I was in low low spirits up until then. The only thing is, I had it all on video, or so I thought!!! My LANC remote on my camera malfunctioned and the record button didn't work, and I surely hit it! Oh well.. Here is a few pictures, won't be able to get final points on him for a few days anyway we have about 1200 miles ahead of us until we are home!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hahah sorry I havent been on in a while, been busy hunting and working. And school I suppose. So far my season has been alright. :/ Havent seen any shooters in person but I have plenty of the Coverts. Rifle starts saturday here in Wisconsin so we'll see what is left after that.

17. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful buck! Was it killed in NC?

18. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Craig on another fine deer.. Your season continues to shine brother!

19. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Eric!

20. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Caught a cool site on my camera this past weekend. My very first piebald buck. He's only a spike so far, but hopefully in years to come he may amount to something!

Not ecstatic about the picture quality but atleast I can see a little... and not all pictures are like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, here is a buck following a doe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014