Team 13 **Tall Tines & Naughty Pines**

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha man he gets a huge one every year! It must have become a chore to him to get a monster at this point lol.

2. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also like when the people on the shows say, "It's a shooter" They're all friggin shooters, even if they don't have horns...Cripes

3. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree lol

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody having any luck during this week? None here. Planning on heading out in the morning were I have had multiple sightings almost every morning on camera after sun up.

5. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Moved to a new area this week and I have been covered up in deer. I shot this doe last night and like a moron forgot to get the pics that count (again) but I thought I'd share anyway. I've seen a couple nice legal bucks in the area that I hope to catch up to this coming week!

[​IMG]

6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Finally home!!! What a great trip, 21 hour drive!!! slept for 13 hours last night. gonna have to get up to speed on here. Schuls, there is definately a "clique" on this forum. I do have to say it's a million times better then archery talk. me and my hunting partner had a live hunt thread from illinois on there and even then people were attacking me from a comment i made about the final 2 hours on the stand friday, i said "will it be memorable or forgettable" and people were on me about that i had my shot, (buck i missed) learn from it and move on. kinda crazy. I should have thrown a link to you all on the thread so you could all follow along, sorry I wasn't thinking!!! if your interested in reading it...

*** westquest 2014 *** illinois rut hunt *** live from the stand ***

my hunting partner Kelly is not on these forums.

The rut is about to pop here in RI, I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for a few hours and throughout the week. this is when my work schedule comes into play. I'm home by 11-12 ish and can hunt from then till dark, round 430. hope to get it done this week!!

7. kennyg

Dislikes Received:
    I blew it this morning. I had my number one buck from the camera in front of me at 20 yards and I didn't have my bow in my hand. I turned to look for my bow it when I turn back we had a stare down for one minute. He turned and ran back the way he came from. The stand I was hunting for the Southwind doesn't have a very good view. By the time you see them they are right on top of you it's very thick. This was my downfall today I'm sick to my stomach. I went from not seeing any deer for three weeks to see in the number one. It would've been nice for my nerves to see a couple "buffer" deer in between, LOL. Unfortunately, my work schedule ramps up the next two weeks with 96 hour work weeks. Might be the end of my season.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  8. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    I've been busy packing and last minute stuff all weekend, have to pick the trailer up tomorrow and load everything up then I hit the road Tuesday morning. Hopefully I can figure out a spot to hunt since I'll have the holidays off on leave.

9. Sharpshoot3r

Sharpshoot3r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The time I didn't hunt he comes in.....figures image.jpg

10. obsessed bowhunter

obsessed bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, haven't been on here in a while. Took my 12 year old to western, ky. this past week and didnt have any luck at all unless you want to count bad luck. He got sick Thursday morning and didn't hunt so I went alone. Got out of the truck put my pack on and all of the sudden I had to go to the restroom. I had nothing in my truck so i drove back to camp. When I finally got to my stand and was pulling my bow up I had a 130-140 inch buck walk by me at 30 yards. I was sick. As far as I know the big one is still alive here where I live and I'm hoping to get on him still.

11. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Well gang good luck this week and coming weekend, I'm Texas bound in the morning. Hopefully I'll have somewhere figured out to hunt for the Christmas break![​IMG]

12. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Argggg....this last weekend was a tough one. My boyfriend did a swing & a miss at a nice 10 pt buck Friday morning. He hit high above the shoulder, of course we couldn't find him.. yesterday I flung one at a buck that was at least an 8, maybe bigger I'm not exactly sure. I was certain I center punched this buck& it was dead. Well after 300 yards of awesome easy to follow blood tracking, we ran out of blood. I think the deer was close to out of blood too honestly! Did not find him & called in help to look. Still nothing. I'm absolutely perplexed. I reviewed the video & best I can figure is the deer dropped down enough where the arrow hit in the void above the lung area...i dont know...it sucks! Best part of my sit was that I called him off of some does he had been chasing!

13. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Drive safe brotha!!!!!

Happy Veterans Day as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Veterans Day Shuls and any other vets on the team...From my family to you, thank you for your service and dedication to our Great Country...Have a safe trip bud

15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    ehh that's rough! hopefully luck will change for ya! Hoping it does for me.....after my bad shot on an Illinois big boy last week, and well.....deciding to not hunt today but rather pull my card later around 230 to find this.......

[​IMG]

16. kennyg

Dislikes Received:
    Ever look into the search dogs in your area? I've often wondered how to find someone with dogs close, just incase.

17. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did look into a tracking dog. We actaully have one in the area but unfortunately the dog is down with Lyme right now! Just wasn't meant to be I guess!

happy Veterans Day and thank you

18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's some pretty tough luck. Hopefully you'll stumble across it or get another chance.

19. kennyg

Dislikes Received:
    I had that happen 2 years ago. I shot a 10 that was quartering away to much and my arrow stuck in about 3 inches in his shoulder. I watched him run full tilt for a good 400 yards till he crossed the road and never to be found. No blood either. I couldn't sleep for a week. I am fully confident he lived. He is still the only buck I've touched with an arrow. I get the panic button every time and do something stupid when I see big antlers.

20. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    Shot a nice 8pt about 5 yrs ago, right in the void between the lungs and spine, tracked him for 2 days and never found him. Pretty confident that he survived