Team 31- Nocks Deep

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw those two does tonight again. Unfortunately tonight when it was time to leave I didn't do as good of a job scaring them off. This time one snorted like hell. These does may move on now. Two nights straight I watched them for almost a hour feeding in the bush. They can't be bred already can they?

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Did the deer see you up in the stand or just smelled you? If they only smelled you, you should be fine. But if they saw you in the stand and if it was me I would move the stand away or hunt another area for awhile to let it settle down.

3. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have no idea if she saw me. It was dark by then so I couldn't really see her either. Probably should have just shot her lol. Either way she's not going to bring me a buck. I knew I was going to get busted. I was already well passed legal light and she wouldn't leave. Then when she started circling me I knew I was in trouble. But even then she didn't wind me. I used the grunt tube. She then snorted 4-5 times then ran off. Then I quickly got the hell out of their. The wind won't be right until Tuesday for that stand regardless. So I'm going to stay out of there. That's the power line bush. I'm going to stay out of their all together until then. Ill be hunting my backyard this weekend wind is better suited for there. Been a battle this year. That's ok though. It will only make for a better story when I get that bastard lol

4. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well been in here sitting by the dried up marsh/swamp. Pretty soggy in there. I see a ton of travel has been going on across and through it. It's been raining all day. I've endured about two hours of it. Rain just stopped now and wind has settled down. This couldn't be better. It's already pretty dark as the cloud cover is thick. Maybe tonight's the night. We will see.

5. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These south winds are driving crazy. It's a terrible wind for almost all my stands. I have never ever seen so any days with south wind this time of year. West is the usual prevailing wind but up here were normally getting hammered by north winds bringing in winter during hunting season. I think I'm taking the morning tomorrow to take out some frustration on the local duck population

6. cvbot

cvbot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a buck yesterday in eastern south dakota at 7:00 am. Came from a cut corn field to a cattail slough I was sitting by. I will submit some pictures but haven't scored him yet. 20141109_075535.jpg 20141109_083628.jpg 20141109_074218.jpg 20141109_074020.jpg

7. cvbot

cvbot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry pics are sideways...I don't know how to format them off my phone.

Attached Files:

8. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well done!!! Congrats

9. 400excracer

400excracer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats CVBOT! Nice buck!

10. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats cvbot! That's a great buck! I love that dark rack.

11. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats cvbot! ill be hunting this weekend hopefully will get a deer on the ground!

12. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job man, way to go! It's good to see the team get some points too. Was it a tough shot or did he come in close?

13. 400excracer

400excracer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The season is winding down for me guys. Looking at my calendar I only have 3-4 more sits left. Normally I would be able to get in some late season sits but we are going to Phoenix AZ for 2 weeks over Christmas Break. I hunted more this year than I have in any other and probably had one of my worst seasons. Every move I make is the wrong on. If I sit at one stand the deer will be at the other. If I make the slightest move I get busted. It has just been one of those seasons. Hopefully I can still make it happen but my confidence is pretty low right now.

14. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    400 I hear ya man. I don't think I have put in as many hours before. I've been spreading my hunting pressure across my property and the one I have permission on. I'm getting a lot of
    Lesbian does I think lol damn liberals are even getting to the deer lmao. Ontario's current premier (like your state governor) is a lesbian. Fact! And she got to the deer lmao. Cause I have past on does for a whole week straight every day. That powerline bush I have the does pinned down on the two bedding areas and I got there travel routes in and out of bed. I have sat in various stands in there to keep the wind in my favour. And everyday I have see a pair, three a single etc. and every time I think a buck is gonna follow. Well.... Nothing. There milk shake ain't bringing the boys to the yard. Not sure what the issue is. Besides that little guy I passed on few weeks back I have not seen any bucks hunting. I did see those two monsters that time walking in but that doesn't really count. I didn't hunt couple days now. Tomorrow I'm going back in and starting te orange army rules. If it's brown it's down. Don't care anymore.

15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let it rip on one of the does, They taste just as good!

16. cvbot

cvbot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    J.b. he came in pretty close. I was watching the slough so close he snuck in through the field. It all happened so fast I didn't have much time to think. Just put my top pin on him and 10 - ringed the shot...right through the heart. I walked back to the truck for 20 minutes of coffee and then went back for the 50 yard tracking job. This was the first buck that I didn't get a pass through shot with the killzones...which was kind of weird.

But up until sunday it had been a slow year for me. I was ready to shoot the first deer I saw and I'm lucky it was that guy.

17. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

That's awesome man! Hope the same happens for me. This might be my last week boys. Wife is at 37 weeks and it's snowy and cold up here in Wisconsin. Seen a couple 100 inchers but just couldn't get close enough to them. At this point if it's brown it's down. Hope things pick up for you other guys too.

18. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hard for me to judge that buck in those pics did you get a chance to score him yet?

19. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes joe bear I remember you mentioned the child on the way. You will for sure have a tough time waking up to hunt with a new born lol. Well all the best to you and your wife. And hopefully you can poke one before so you can at least have the monkey off your back. Nothing I hate more then keeping a tag.

Boys I'm heading in the morning. Gonna sit on a large dried up swamp. Tall grass, shrubs etc. tons of deer trails through it. Like I said at this point if it's brown it's down.

20. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was suppose to be on vacation this week, but work is so backed up I canceled it. So every morning I have been going out for 2 hours before I go to work. Its been working pretty good and seeing bucks on every sit. Every time I sit one stand, They walk by another one I am not in. I have 3 stands in a row running down a ridge and you never know which trail the deer will take. Its the best funnel I can find in the big woods, but the bad side is its 100 yards wide I am going to sit the bottom one tomorrow, Almost every morning that stand is getting the most traffic. I know its going to happen this week. I got to watch this guy last sunday at 60 yards. EK000775.jpg