Team 1 - Death from Above

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Beehunter, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No comments from the peanut gallery!!! :whip:

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    love it!!!

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can give you crap because I cant do any worse than last year! Good luck the rest of the year!

4. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    MAN, you guys are killing me. I need to be in a tree. I killed my buck on Nov 7 last year and that is why I am starting my vacation on that time frame. I hope the weather drops for the next 2 weeks and then goes up to like70 degrees for all of gun season! Anyway CONGRATS TO all that have put a buck down. Lets keep this roll going seems as if we are sitting really well

5. ILHunter

ILHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Northeast Mississippi/West Central Illinois
    Alright fellas got done at the taxidermist. He grossed at 168 7/8 with a net of 163 3/8! I'll get the score up in the scorecard thread so we can get those points!

6. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Neil! Things are looking pretty good for us I`d say! I had 2 does coming in last night, decided I was gonna shoot and another hunter came strolling up through and scared them off. Its starting to rain here now, I usually have pretty good success on rainy afternoon sits so we`ll see how it goes. Good luck everybody!

7. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    VERY nice! That's a dandy buck. Those gross score points will look REAL good on the scoring chart. Congratulations again on a fine trophy. Also, thank you so much for your service to our country. It is appreciated more than you know!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I said 166! People are going to have to just start taking my word for it without question. It's the gospel! hahahahah NOT! Congrats... Don't forget you need the break down and the contest uses the gross score. After all bone is bone! It's how it should be!

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You know I LOVE IT, its what drives me to hunt harder. Beside I wouldn't think you liked me if you didn't give me $hit! lol!

10. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Well my buck scored 151 2/8... fantastic 10 pointer. Neighbor helped me with it - he guessed 148-155... pretty dang good. I dropped him off at processor today - and all the employees came running back to see him. Feels pretty good. He's no 160+ giant like yours Illinois but i'll take it!

I'm just glad to have gotten it all on video! Keep after it guys - it looks like team #1 is #1! HA!

11. ILHunter

ILHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He isn't far off! I didn't wear my GoPro that night but I probably wouldn't have had time/remembered to turn it on anyway!

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I looked at all the deer not entered. By my calcs we are in 1st place with approx 806 points. Team 23 being in 2nd, hot on our heals with approx 758 points. Lets keep after'em. Is there any team member that has been MIA for awhile? If so, we need to reel them back in!

13. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am off for the next 10 days. Lets hope I can put some bone on the ground. I am after a particular buck, But with the rut on if one swings by, He is going to get a lethal injection.

14. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Jake............go get 'em! There is a solid cold front coming in the first part of next week, and there will be little doubt that will have the deer on the move. Big, bright moon out there right now, but I think this weekend and next week will see some major buck activity in our neck of the woods.

I'll be doing what I can to put a mature doe on the ground for us. Good luck everyone.........let's not let up now!

15. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    been trapping for the last week in the past 2 days I have seen the most deer sign that I have all year I will be in stand this afternoon and every afternoon this week good luck guys

16. ILHunter

ILHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Up in the tree I killed my big buck in. Got the GoPro on tonight maybe get lucky and get one on film. Good luck to everyone out there!

17. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! I'll be in a tree tomorrow morning and afternoon. Gonna try to fill a doe tag..........and shoot some video of any bucks that wander along!

Have a good and safe hunting weekend everyone. Let's see about picking up a few more points! :)

18. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well I saw a small doe this afternoon first deer I have seen on stand she was a little to far for a shot be back at it tomrrow

19. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had 5 does milling around eating in a field behind me, none were close enough for a shot. Gonna try to do some low impact scouting tomm, hopefully find a couple better stand locations for my buddy and I . Theres evidence that a good buck has been in there lately, so I`m hoping either him or a can get an arrow into him.

20. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, this morning was my first sit of the season that I didn't see a deer. :(

With the clear skies and the nearly full moon last night, there was just nothing moving this morning. Add in the gusty winds just after daybreak, and it wasn't a good morning in the deer stand. With 15-20 mph winds, and gusts to near 30 mph today, my guess is the deer are hunkered down.

If the winds start to lay down this afternoon, I'll be back out there. There's nothing to be discouraged about.......we have a lot of season left!