Some advice

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mayday, Nov 2, 2014.

1. mayday

mayday Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So, I the spot that I've scouted on some public land is on some rare acorns on a well traveled route to a water hole that leads into what I can only imagine is a bed due to the the thick brush from the creek. Every time I go out I see new fresh tracks and even a scrape line that's nearby (maybe 30 feet from the acorns to the south east). Yet I see no activity during the day. Is this spot a night time spot only or am I just hitting it wrong?

I know of a food plot that's further north maybe 1 kilometers or so with bedding to the south east of that with a river crossing that leads towards the food plot.

My question is should I scout that plot for choke points and ambush them there, or keep hitting the acorns? The wind is rarely right for the food plot that's why I haven't done much work there and perfect for the acorns. Anyway, just having some bad luck I assume. #scoutingproblems.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have found where I hunt if I try to hunt food sources in the morning you are going to push the deer out on your way in. I hunt food sources in the evening.

3. mayday

mayday Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I'm going to hit those Acorns this evening and see if I get any luck. I haven't hunted the evening yet as it's hard to get the wife to allow it. She's real big on eating dinner as a family even though I tell her I can't kill a deer at the dinner table.