Another Newbie...

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by delifresh, Oct 21, 2014.

1. delifresh

delifresh Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, my name is Clay i am a new member

So I have been hunting for years now and I have been interested in exploring the bowhunting world. All i've used is a 30-06. Now feeling as though I am missing out not using a bow I want to get more involved with the hunt, I think it is time I invest in one. I have between 500-1000 to spend, hoping to keep the bow I buy for quite a while and it holding up for the years. Obviously I am a beginner so any recommendations that I can do some further research on would be great. Higher quality bows for a beginner that will still be great as I expand my bowhunting skills. Thanks!

2. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First of all welcome! Bowhunting is a lot of fun and you can shoot so much more then you can with a rifle economically. I would suggest a Hoyt charger. But saying that I would go in to a pro shop and shoot all the bows in your price range. Remember you have to buy arrows and all that good stuff. That being said take your time. Do some research and don't get sold by someone on a bow. Pick one you enjoy and like shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk