Team Nock Outs - 7

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Video looks good Nick! Too bad I don't have any speakers on this computer at work right now. I'll have to watch it again later so that I can hear what's going on.

2. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Nick nicely done. Just a pointer that was brought up with the prostaff videos. When your facing the camera don't look down into the camera when the background is very light. It shadows out your face from your nose and up. Look up at camera and with the ambient outdoor light in your face. That way people get to see your whole face. Not sure I use terms like "let here have it" vs "took the shot" etc. as it may have a neg overtone. Other than keep it up and thanks for a great video.

3. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, thanks for the great advise Hank! I appreciate that! Def going to keep all that in mind and keep trying to get better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I finally get to hunt, today was our opener but I had to work. And tomorrow is calling for the wrong wind for my two best stands. But gonna hunt the public land next to ours to not mess up our land too bad.

5. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well I've been out to my new hunting property. Looks very promising. I met the farmhand that hunts the property and found his blind and another stand that a different hunter is using. I'm on the top of a ridge that is near a corner pocket of a picked cornfield on the left side and the ridge drops down about 10-15 feet to another planted field. I've spotted 3 scrapes together under an scrub oak with overhanging branch. So my stand will be about 20 yds away from that. I can actually smell deer urine around the top of the ridge. Lookin to get my stand out this week and hunt next week sometime. Keep you all posted. Good luck out there.

6. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Things are SLOOOOOOWLY starting to perk up around here.
    The nasty weather that rolled thru the last few days halted the corn silage, which is a little disappointing, although, with my neighbor having 40 acres standing, I don't think it matters much what we do with ours.
    Starting to see a few rubs and scrapes here and there, but still pretty light.

Most importantly, 9 days until I leave for South Dakota!!!!!!! Can't wait!

7. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's been extremely slow here. I haven't seen much movement from the stand or on my cameras. I just need the leaves to turn and the beans to come out. Once their browse goes away they will hammer the cut bean fields. I'm not even too pumped up about hunting right now because of how slow its been. I'm headed to our small farm this afternoon to move cameras and check some food plots. I'll be taking my wife to the stand again tomorrow for a chance to redeem herself.

8. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hitting up my "best" stand for the first time tomorrow! I've had pictures of a 140 10 there regularly in the end of September

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  9. AUbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw no deer this morning, sitting over some beans for this evening. Good luck to everyone.

10. AUbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    While bunch of nothin this evening. About to get down and hear from my wife" glad you spent the whole day away to not even see a deer". But is it not good to hunt over soy beans when they are yellow green. When do deer hit them the most?

11. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would be looking for a different food source. Once bean start to turn they usually transition to something else green or onto acorns if they are available.

12. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    In the stand in Mn over our foodplot and already seen two fawns, came right under my tree

13. AUbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got skunked again, and was told by the land owners son that they are leasing it so this was my last time to hunt it.

14. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    Saw two fawns and a 6 but checked the cam and got this new guy [​IMG]

15. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks!

16. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys after a 20hr drive yesterday threw gridlock chicago traffic at 1am and the worst construction in Milwaukee I am home to wisconsin and will be in a stand tonight hoping to whack a doe or a big buck of course.

17. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Congrats!

18. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Come on fellas, time to start knocking some deer down. I have to make it through next week and then it's game on. I have to work just one day from the 26th thru the 10th. I can't wait, it's gonna be a blast.

On another note, has anybody been seeing much on their cameras? I'm starting to see a few more scrapes open up and a little more action on cameras, but not a whole lot. I'm still trying to find a shooter right now.

19. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    I went and checked cameras this morning and all I found (that I could easily see) were two rubs and a scrape. My mock scrapes didn't get touched. Strange strange year around here.
    Think the biggest problem is my neighbor has about 40 acres of standing corn yet, and that could be sucking a lot of the deer up.

I've got tomorrow (Sunday) and maybe Monday or Tuesday to hunt here this week, and then Friday we are off to South Dakota! Hopefully I can get on the board out there and once I come home things will be really happening around here

20. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Slow day yesterday...had really warm temps and high winds. Today temp dropped a good amount thought there would be more movement. Just a doe earlier this morning then nothing. See what the magic hour brings! Let go fellas!!! Good luck and shoot straight!