Don't know how to react to this

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by .09 Outdooors, Oct 8, 2014.

1. .09 Outdooors

.09 Outdooors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry dan was my doe not big enough for you? Atleast I let the thing develop past 40lbs, made a ethical shot on it and didn't let it suffer. And how have I been reacting poorly to people's advice here? All I have said is that I don't think he will be on the lease next year? And who the hell are you to be talking about me when you don't know me? Kindly go somewhere because I really don't know what your deal is dude

2. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I apologize, I suffer from a condition called "Brutal Honesty." I try to control it, but I have a hard time doing so sometimes.

3. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    You sound like a *** Dan, oh look I have that condition too!

4. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    .09 I hope to god you never make a bad shot in your life. Do not confuse an honest mess up for lack of ethics.

5. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    He didn't shoot 3 inches to far back at 20 yards, he shot 3 feet to far back...that's not a bad shot that's not sighting in your bow

6. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Three feet would have missed the deer. Let's be realistic here. Things happen, he was excited, and it was his first deer. People do some funny things when releasing an arrow. Torque, stance, and even branches could have come into play. Instead of putting the kid down every chance and, in general, being an asshat, take the opportunity to work on muscle memory practices with him. Help him learn from his mistakes instead of shunning him.

You act like he intentionally shot it in the ***.

7. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    He hit the deer about 2 inches infront of its *******, pretty big miss. I didn't invite him on the lease to baby him and teach him how to sight in a bow. I have 6 classes at university and work on weekends, I barley have time to hunt let alone teach him to shoot when the only thing I know is put the pin on the target and click the release off, I am by far no expert...that's why I'm on these forums to learn

8. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why would you enter a lease with a minor to begin with? There are very few adults I would trust, but signing the dotted line with a kid and not expecting trouble is real lack of fortitude on your part.

9. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    I was trying to be a good guy and get a kid out hunting

10. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Still can't figure out why shooting mature antlerless deer matters. Basically it sounds like some things should have been ironed out before hunting season and why does he even know how to contact the landowner. I'd be careful bringing a bunch of petty drama to the landowners attention or the other young guy doing it. Might find yourselves both leaseless over a doe that was 30 pounds light.

11. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's not really what it sounds like happened, post kill anyway. It's a doe, he messed up. There's a what(?) 4 year age difference between you & the "kid". Good luck out there, probably just best to pay the lease yourself and take a guest now and then. Hell you could tell em the landowner has a $30 guest fee to cover any possible skinning you may have to do ;)

12. Stickit05

Stickit05 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not trying to make this thread worse but how did it turn into dumping on .09? I don't see anywhere in here how he was jumping down the 17 yr old kids throat. Yeah...he might have been frustrated and right now thinking he should maybe not have him on the lease next year but things change. I don't think he handled it to bad he stayed to help him gut it they are both younger so of course they will give eachother a hard time over the smallest things, let the guy vent on here instead of to the 17yr old like everybody else does. Everyone knows someone who gets the " if it's brown it's down" mentality and .09 obviously didn't see that before. Just saying help a guy out.

13. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well hit me up Marshall I'll go in with you buddy next if you can't find anyone you know I don't live far from ya. But man what a story you should of text me and told me about that one buddy

14. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Is this the place in c-town buddy

15. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great Advice!