Are you Allowed to Hang Taxidermy In the House?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Oct 7, 2014.

?

Are you Allowed to Hang Taxidermy In the House?

1. Yes, I hang it anywhere I want

50.0%
  2. Yes, but I have a certain spot in the main living area

19.4%
  3. Only in the man cave

27.6%
  4. My wife wears the pants and I'm not allowed to hang dead deer in the house

3.0%
  1. rangerFGM

rangerFGM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    for each mount I hang a plate also has to be hung

2. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had one buck and a red fox in our family room. Then I got a coyote, she reluctantly agreed. Then I got another buck... (and had an open wall) she kept asking where was I gonna put it when it came back? I just said, not really sure yet. Well my taxi called and told me it was ready, and my wife just happened to be out of town for the weekend. So up he went... :D

It was a rough week or two, but then she got over it. I knew it was better to ask forgiveness than try to get approval. Last year I put my final mount in, a bobcat, she didn't say anything because she liked it. :D I'm all out of room at this point in my family room, without it looking horribly tacky.

I do have friends that can't even have a mount in their house. No balls at all.

3. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My wife is wonderful. I have 3 of the 4 living room walls covered with mounts...plus one in the bathroom, and 3 in the dining room. Of course one of the mounts is hers...so that helps...but she has always been supportive of my mounts

4. WKYwhitetail

WKYwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had to go with the my wife (girlfriend) wears the pants haha.. I have a man cave, kinda really we call it the UK room (where i watch UK basketball, along with other sports haha) However we have a storage room on our carport and i can hang them out there haha. So one of these days when we build or move to our forever house (that will have a shop) i will have a real man cave to hang them in.. so i was kina on the fence between the 2 answers..

EAT MORE DEER!

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    51.22% says they hang it anywhere they want. I call BS!!! :lol:

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe ~51% aren't married.

~Bill

7. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe 51% will be divorced.:tu:

8. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shoulder mounts, ducks, and turkey fans go in an upstairs sitting room until I have a man cave. Thankfully my wife loves to shed hunt and enjoys displaying those all over the house. If I do kill a nice bull elk, booner buck, or bull moose there is a verbal agreement it can go over the fireplace and a bearskin rug is allowed as well. I should probably get that verbal agreement written, signed, and notarized tho haha

9. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO oh ya..... I remember those days. "My wife aint going to tell me SH$%. I pay the bills and I'm the man" Then I got married, and quickly learned that's not how it works. That being said my wife is cool about it, sort of. Our basement is a finished basement where we spend a lot of time watching tv etc. Down there all my mounts are up on the wall. But upstairs there not allowed LOL

This all reminds me of a good joke.

So a man asks his wife what she wants for their 25 anniversary. She replies, a divorce!. He then sighs and replies, I ahhhhh wasn't planning on spending that much LOL

10. nickellmama27

nickellmama27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My husband is pretty lucky.. We have them in every room (aside from bedrooms and bathrooms). But my coyote head overlooks my dining room table. I was raised being taught to honor the animal.

11. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not allowed in the house, but in my non-existent man cave, anything goes. That said, unless the buck I get is truly a trophy, I will only do a euro mount and put him in the garage until my non-existent man cave exists (still a number of years out).