Ground blind hunting for deer?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by brian66, Oct 7, 2014.

1. brian66

brian66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i was wondering if deer would notice if i put a ground blind up in the woods the day of a hunt I'm a bow hunter and me and my stepdad have had little arguments over it lol...i was wondering if i put on a trail about 25 yards if they would notice... also if i put one on the edge of a field if turkey would notice....i can't leave it because i hunt on public land so if i take it and just pop it up and take it with me when i leave because my tree stand broke

2. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the deer in the area, here in MI my buddy had a brand new in the box blind he pulled out morning of, within an hour I got text that he shot a deer.

I feel as long as you have it far enough away from their route they don't care and take some time brushing it in for extra concealment.

Good Luck

3. The Sentinel

The Sentinel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Turkeys usually dont mind the blind. Deer will avoid a new blind like the plague unless it is completely brushed in.

4. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've only ever hunted out of a just placed blind once and had bad reactions. The ones that actually came into the field never stopped staring at me and most stayed away. That was on private land and once it's established they're usually fine. That's not an option with you so I'd say bring along a hand saw and brush it in the best you can. Also check regulations. Some areas you might have to use deadfall as you can't cut branches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Pastor Scotty

Pastor Scotty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the place and the time.
    On the plains YES. If the you have round hay bales around set up in you front of one or more. Depending on the color you will not have to even brush it in. Spray it down with 99% and sent cover and hunt in dark clothes with a net and your will be fine. Pray, Pray, Pray.
    Scotty

6. fullthrottle

fullthrottle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I brush it in when and where I can I've used blinds that i just put up that day turkeys don't mind and I've killed deer on the first day and I've had them avoid a blind completely when I first put it up I think it has a lot to do with placement and how much of the area you disturb when setting it up breaking up the shape works the best if you can put it in some brush

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014