Team 13 **Tall Tines & Naughty Pines**

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Swamp Stalker, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ya, there's alot of rage hate, but I've had great success with them.

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have too. Never had any of the problems that people talk about. Think most of the hate comes from the aggressive ad campaigns that they've had over the years.

I'll continue to use them though until the prove not to be effective. No matter what you use its still falls in your shoulders to make the shot.

3. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Half these broadhead debate threads drive me nuts on here. Any broadhead will kill a deer if you practice and get a good shot in! With that said, I'm sure there are some that work better than others with a not-so-great shot but as long as you are happy with what you shoot and tune/setup/practice, you will have meat in the freezer!
    Speaking of that, decided to do a quick french tune today since I was trying out the Hellrazors. The Killzones were still flying pretty much true to the field points but was getting a right impact with the Hellrazor. The 3 yd shot was right on the string I had hanging, so moved to 9 yds and first shot was off to the right (so the lightbulb clicked on regarding the fixed head flight), SLIGHT adjustment to the rest to the left and next shot was right on the string! Figured I'd see if that was the issue and at 20 yards had 2 Killzone and 2 Hellrazor either in the heart or lungs on the Rhinehart block target! Definitely will help the confidence on shots, now to keep flinging a few arrows each day (not as much as I was doing last month though) to keep working on form and to keep from any rust setting in. Can't wait for the 25th, should be up in a stand that Saturday. Most likely will be an afternoon into the evening hunt considering all the traffic on the trail cams has been late day. A few spots have them early morning so maybe I'll just go ahead and do an all day since I'll only get maybe two hunts in before I start packing stuff up for the move. Good luck to anyone out this weekend!

4. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Got the green light to go out tomorrow from the wifey!!! Of course i asked if she minds in the middle of date night when she was happy.....LOL!!!! Gonna be lookin for this guy...hopin he got bigger. I havent been out to this part of the property since february where i found his sheds. It's been raining for the past few days and is supposed to stop and clear up tonight. hopefully i can catch him on his way back to bed!!!
    don't forget to adjust the settings for HD!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cool buck swamp, if he is still around I bet he's real nice! Is it col up there today? It was 32 when I got up this morning. Got church this morning and we can't on sundays anyway. This week looks good though!

6. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got out of church, boy has a football game today so I'm gonna drive up and sneak in to grab some tc cards...Weather is nice and cool (cold if you ask my wife) Now is when I get really excited for hunting

7. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Great morning hunt overall! I had 3 doe all around me for over a half hour...let'em all walk, I'm after a buck from here on out. Had another doe about 60-70 yards out walking around, and saw a smaller buck 30 yards out as he was walking away, i totally missed any opportunity at him because i was taking a selfie!!!! LOL!!! I wouldnt have shot him anyways, but still would have been cool to get him on film. The woods was still soaked from the rain, so I had to go by sight only. the 3 doe snuck up on me and were already almost past me when i hear a muffled wet stick "snap". Funny, they walked in on the trail i walked in on....even though it was wet I'm sure my scent was still there from a few hours ago. Not sure if it was the "evercalm i had put on my boots working. It was my first time using it, the doe stuck around for awhile too at total ease and calm...somthing to think about and use again i guess!

8. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Got meat for freezer back already.

9. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks great jrk! We are in the lead guys! Everybody has put points on the board, good job.

10. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good so far! I'm really hoping on October 25th I can make a contribution to the team!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  11. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great job guys, it looks like were number 1 for now! Awesome video by the way swamp. Hopefully i can get a doe for my first day out.

12. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Some of my views today out on the property, was helping hang a few ladder stands and pull trail cam cards. 9ne had over 1400 pics, one with 423, one with 274. Deer are tearing up his feeder and mineral sites at the food plots!

13. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    So here are just a few pictures from the card pulls yesterday. Mike's rule is 8 points or better to shoot a buck, plus there is a cull buck in the pics he wants taken. There were over 2500 pictures total, took us forever to go through them all! The third picture with the big body and antler on right side not matching up is the one he wants to remove from the rest and keep all the good genetics around. PRMS0012.jpg PRMS0023.jpg PRMS0071.jpg PRMS0075.jpg PRMS0118.jpg

14. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Joe, two years ago with the deer I took with my shotgun I had done the same thing and put Evercalm on the bottom of my boots. Sure enough, the deer came walking right down the trail I had walked and was stopping and sniffing the ground the whole way up to where I was. Now I can't say for sure it was the Evercalm, but never had a deer walk right down my trail smelling it along the way so I'm leaning towards that stuff does work!

15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a great property Schuls! That buck will make a great first kill with a bow!! Looks promising! After reading your experience with ever calm, seems like it does work. I m sure if it's overused they will catch on. I don't plan on going back to that spot till late October. This weekend I'm gonna go after that buck again, he's showing up right around 7am now, and I'll use the ever calm to see if it buys me a few seconds to get a shot on him. I'm thinking he will score 110-115. Trophy for me for sure. I know I can/will get a bigger buck for more points in Illinois, but my goal on my property this year was to get a shooter buck down self filmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    These guys are all still nocturnal here, still been pretty hot out but temps are starting to come down so on opening day I'm probably going to get in a stand around 2pm and wait and see what comes my way

17. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    It'll be here before you know it!!

18. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dang guys i'm getting behind the powercurve. need to get myself on the board and keep us up front

19. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Wonder how things are going for the others, haven't heard from a few of our teammates since they checked in basically.

20. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So far out of 3 sits, I've seen the same button buck each time. I have had a small 8 and 10 on camera just as it gets light and again at dark. Hope to see one this week. Also seen turkeys and COYOTES during middle og the day! I get to hunt on 15 acres in a piece of woods thats about 40 acres, surrounded by corn. They started cutting th corn 2 days ago. Every evening sit I can hear them crashing thru the corn. Hoping once its down they stick to the woods more.