Buck Fever

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by sego, Oct 4, 2014.

1. sego

sego Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got my first case of buck fever this morning. Buddy and I sat down for literally 2 minutes and I was up taking a shot at a buck.

My fundamentals were out the window, and I was acting like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert. I honestly don't even know if I looked through my peep sight. I learned to slow down for next time.

*still kind of excited!!!

2. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I pretty much am a lurker here, learned a lot from posters here and don't have enough experience to add much.
    I passed on a shot last year as a result of what your describe. Hunted for many years with firearms and got past all the buck fever issues doing that years ago. Then I started Archery hunting, had to sort of start over again. I think being as close as you have to be to get a good kill shot kind of started me over from scratch again. I live in the open plains country and most shots with a modern rifle are 150+ yds. Being 20 to 30 yds sure seems to change things.
    Ya just need to practice till your form becomes automatic, so that ya don't even really have to think about it.
    I took my second deer this year, I don't remember centering the peep, finding my anchor point or following through, but I must have as the shot went right where I wanted it.

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It happens

4. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know how you feel.