2014 Colorado Archery Elk Hunt Invite

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by CowboyColby, Feb 27, 2014.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes they did! Maybe some day!

2. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Psh I still think you should have let me snap one of your antlers off. Eye for an eye. I can drive up there and put a hole in your ceiling for ya though!

Africa and Australia definitely sound like a blast. might be awhile though. For now I'll have to settle for Colorado!

3. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Love that you all still have this thread firing on all cylinders.

Been swamped at work and home since I got back...hope to put up some pics and write up tomorrow...

- Camper Shell:)

4. barberx8

barberx8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Colorado Archery Debacle

Just came off another Colorado archery disappointment! Can anyone answer why we continue to support a state which starts its bow season in early September then throws a muzzleloader season right in the middle of it....Then when the elk finally recover the season ends just as the rut starts!!
    There is a reason that Colorado has a 3-6% success rate...Could it be that the state of Colorado wants the elk totally undisturbed for the revenue that the rifle hunters bring in the first rifle season..
    Bow hunters hunt for the experience....Meaning we understand success rates are low but we love to chase during the rut..
    Unless your the primos crew hunting on land that is as close to high fence as you can get, that rut experience isn't happening in Colorado or its minimal at best.. Oh yes there is the occasional good hunt but overall the season closes well before the rut and leaves the elk as peaceful as possible for the high dollar out of state rifle hunters. There is no doubt the best rut hunt in Colorado is the $600 plus dollar a piece first rifle tags..
    Why a s bow hunters cant we unite and boycott Colorado's unfavorable seasons for the common man bow hunter?

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Really sorry I missed it this year guys. Sounds like everyone had a blast and put down some nice game. I'll be greasing up for 2016 and maybe even 2015.
    Great hearing all the stories.

6. patinthehat

Dislikes Received:
    Couple of us are thinking about heading back in 2015 for a muley hunt. You should join us Afflicted!

7. dbllungz

dbllungz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wow looks like a great time... Thanks for sharing the pictures.

8. DarkTimber

DarkTimber Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This week I read the minutes of one CPW meeting. It stated that they voted for 2015 archery to end on Wednesday, September 30th rather than the traditional 5th Sunday of archery season. I won't truly believe this until I see it in the 2015 Big Game brochure. If it is true, I will hunt that last week mid-week to mid-week.

9. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I finally went back to school to finish what I should of a few years ago. I'll be done in a year most likely. I'm hunting elk somewhere in September 2016.

10. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Guys and gals, here is link to story I just posted. I must admit, I wish I had spent a little more time trying to meet up with everyone that was in camp - I've always had a problem with that, #1 Wife says I'm anti-social, #2 I'm so focused on elk the 5 days I have...sometime days are just too short...but that's a terrible excuse. Glad I got to meet those I did, and especially catching back up with Will, Dave, Rob, Rex, Colby, Waid/Steve and the TX crew. Sure glad you all had such a great time and took Will up on his gracious offer - and you all sure put the smack down on the mulies - nicely done!

I know I sure feel at home in unit 45, and look forward to the day I can bring some kids along...I'm sure I'll meet up with some of you again! God Bless!

http://forums.bowhunting.com/bowhun...esn%92t-get-much-better-than.html#post1000352

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  11. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First, I dubbed you guys 'Camp FIB' but I soon declared you 'Camp Anti-social'. Just sayin'. :D :D

12. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, both are fitting:)

13. frogtosser

frogtosser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did anyone get a good pic of the bull moose we saw on Saturday night? It was too dark for my camera.

14. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    I'll have to use my video cam and get some stills. They should turn out

15. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like camp continues. Aussie John is stopping off for the evening on his way through

16. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bust out the whiskey and stoke the fire...tell him hi and thanks for the laughs....him and Troy are to much!....never got a chance to thank you before I left for all your help so thanks....was great to meet you in person colby

17. txmarshmonkey

txmarshmonkey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the doe I shot Sunday afternoon of the trip. I was tempted to hold out for a buck but she came in a lil too close and looked tasty. I was about 400 yards from the truck and 4 does decided to slip in on me. She was the lead and walked within 25 yds of me so let her have it.
    I enjoyed the trip again this year and can't wait to go back!

Thanks again to Will for introducing me to the addictive thing called elk hunting!

Dave, you're very welcome and tell your mom I said hello. Call me anytime.

[​IMG]

18. patinthehat

Dislikes Received:
    Nice doe. Saw a lot of deer crossing no name up that way. Couple guys said they saw a couple decent bucks up there. Hope everyone can get a deer tag next time. Bunch of em running around!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

19. Bails-UK

Bails-UK Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Waid : I Told my Mom you said hi,(when I asked her to guess what I had for her, she smiled and said "hopefully some of that yummy Waid Ray seasoning) she says thank you very much and she is looking forward to doing her Waid Ray potato wedges, seriously my friend......Thank You :D

All I see on that picture is Backstraps, Tenderloin, Burgers and Jerky and one happy chappy!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  20. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    What times dinner? I'll throw my luggage in the boot and head to the airport! :rolleyes: