Ravens cut Ray Rice, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grizzly1530, Sep 8, 2014.

1. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the Ravens released Rice today. I'm surprised by the move, considering they didn't release or suspend Ray Lewis while he was being charged for murder. Does another team pick him up?

2. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    lol looks like we both put up threads on this. Now that the video is out, I am not surprised they let him go. I hope no other teams pick him up. However he is talented and some of the teams near the bottom might not care and just want his talent. i hope his career is over.

3. grizzly1530

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the reaction on twitter from around the league from other players though, I don't know that any team would want him. Looks like a lot of people are pretty po'd after seeing the new video. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Another question for you? Does he get cut, if they suspended him for say, 1 year? I personally don't think so.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ridiculous it took the video...nothing changed from what we knew. Disgusting then and now....Ravens are gonna look good, but in reality bunch of BS to not do it earlier.

5. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like he's also suspended indefinitely from the league. Like mentioned before, this video doesn't tell us anything we already knew. All it did was give Goodelle an opportunity to correct his two game suspension of RR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's weird, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Ray Rice is a d-bag for sure and his suspension and lack of criminal punishment are kind of a joke but is this the worst thing a pro athlete has ever done? Hell people get in worse trouble than this all the time and keep their jobs. Is it because he hit a women? The video? What if he hit some random dude? Fire him still? Obviously not pro athletes & college athletes have been in the news beating folks up forever and many times it's been caught on tape.

7. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been known to have fun in an elevator, but I will change my ways. I think in the last month there has been postings of affairs, dog beatings and assaults.

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The tweet has since been taken down but back in May the ravens tweeted:

@Ravens: Janay Rice says she deeply regrets the role that she played the night of the incident.

They took it down this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So....I'm curious to what Ray Lewis is going to say about this.

His murder trial has VANISHED from the media. It's like it never happened. And he played for the same organization as Rice.

11. grizzly1530

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that there is a bias. If a guy is caught beating a gay person or a woman, he's probably banned for a long time, but if he were to beat up a regular guy in a club, it's just considered an altercation. In any capacity, the size nfl players are these days, they're dangerous to anyone.

This is also not the worst thing an nfler has ever done. Donte stallworth killed someone drunk driving, and that guy for the cowboys did too. Then there is Ray Lewis, who wasn't convicted of murder, though many think he should have been.

12. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He belongs in jail. No one has the right to hit a woman. I couldnt imagine lifting a hand towards my wife.

13. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He brought all of this on himself!

14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That was one vicious left hook, he's gone and now the matter is between him and his wife. If I was her I would divorce him now and take half.

15. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    may have been different if some caught it on their phone it was a different time, i agree that ray got off light.

16. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly

17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  18. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Raven fans gave that POS a standing ovation in a preseason game. Stay classy Baltimore!

19. Zedd

Zedd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, Ray Rice is a grade A Certified DB. BUT, this is by far not the worst thing done by a NFL player. Think of the dog killer who signed up with Philadelphia, Lewis, the list is seemingly endless. He got what he deserved but the rule of law in our society is all jacked up. Here in Texas you get more punishment for an under the .08 legal limit/no accident/no ticket just because the cop says so than an actual assault, UNLESS you have lotsa money, then you can get drunk, kill a fella in a Fatality DUI and still play for your 'boys (Josh Brent), all the way up to getting to behead to Americans with no repercussion (oh, sure, they'll be managed). There is absolutely no balance in our society. Buncha BS.

20. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ This. See above, spot on! ^^

As if people in this country needed to see a video of Domestic violence to wait and pass judgement. Abuse is abuse, I didn't need the video - I already knew what I needed to know.

I have NO IDEA why anything changed today. The NFL and the Ravens all of the sudden think it is worth getting rid of him?!?! Not saying that shouldn't happen, saying abuse is abuse and they had already handed down a punishment.