Beastmode Bowhunters - Team 23

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by fishsoft92, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did we ever decide if we were gonna do a group text? Be easier for quick questions and what not.

2. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Idk I'm in for it but idk how to set it up.

3. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone who wants to participate in group text send me their number and I'll set it up.

4. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I still have till oct 1 and its driving me insane. Teal opener this saturday should help me calm down a bit:)

5. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pm sent for group text!

6. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. Bowhunter1997

Bowhunter1997 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would do the group text but I'm not even on here 24/7 lol I know a group text would get aggravating while I'm in school and stuff. I'm looking at next weekend my buddy is suppose to take me to north FL for the opener. We'll see if that plays out.

8. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i pulled cards today and got some good stuff. once i get everything organized ill post some pics up for everyone.

9. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys just checked and I wonder why I wasn't getting any notification somehow it got turned off

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

10. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    That happens to me once in a while

11. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyways season starts next Saturday and I'm super stoked...I'm checking cams tomorrow to figure out where I want to sit opening day

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

12. .09 Outdooors

.09 Outdooors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went hunting last night, 92 degrees here in maryland...Got to the property at 620pm, Set up in a natural ground blind by 630pm, decided I wanted to hunt my ladder stand instead thats a few hundred yards away, Get there at around 640pm and let me tell you that thing is a hunk of junk (recommend staying away from big dog stands), decide to go back to the ground blind, probably around 650pm now and Im looking to see if any deer are in beans. I dont see any so I decide to just stand up and walk the rest of the 5 yards to the blind instead of crouching....big mistake 3 big does 35 yards from me that I didnt see. They busted and ran off, 710pm another big doe making her way down the beans but a car comes down driveway. she stops at 60 yards and jumps in woods, Didnt see anything from there until 740pm. Walking out I did see a big doe and a nice little basket six in another bean field. Best lesson I learned from this....When your gut tells you something (Mine was the whole time i was driving to hunt the ground blind) you listen to it because i would have a nice doe in the freezer if i did! Going back out tomorrow to try and get some meat

13. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    Head over to the WTD hunting section and check out my post/poll on scent control boys, would appreciate it

14. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    Deer Property.jpg
    Does it seem like I am set up right? Any opinions on things I should try?

15. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    pulled cards yesterday and got to watch (over the course of 1500 pics of this buck in a week's time) him shed is first set of antler's velvet, so i decided to edit together a time lapse of to watch it unfold. check it out below.
    [video=youtube_share;Jau9f396o94]http://youtu.be/Jau9f396o94[/video]

Also figured id throw in some pics of some stands im excited about hunting out of. These trees are a hunters dream...forks everywhere and plenty of front cover to hide me while drawing back and getting the camera in place. cant wait til next saturday!

And then there was the buck i call Sling Shot, who i took off the hit list bc i think he is too young, on cam taunting me making me think hes older than i originally thought haha...even though i know he isnt
    [video=youtube_share;0P-i4zZ1fh0]http://youtu.be/0P-i4zZ1fh0[/video]

And then lastly just some pics i thought were cool..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  16. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    I went out monday night for an hour and a half, Didn't see the group of does I was expecting, the wind was real bad so they probably caught on to me and just didn't come out till after I left. I had a chance to poke 3 yearlings but didn't feel it was worth the effort. It was good practice drawing back on them and making sure they didn't see me or hear me...All 3 had no idea I was there, One stopped for about 10 minutes at 10 yards from my ground blind and was almost begging for my arrow haha. Was a good night in the woods just to see stuff moving around with it being so early and so hot is a good sign... Also I only have seen Does on my camera which I am taking as a good sign because I feel like during the Rut the big boys will be going crazy at my property with all the does + the farmer cuts 20 acres of standing corn on my property a few days before the Rut kicks in here in maryland...Come on November 1st and Horny bucks!

17. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys i had some pics of a nice mainframe 8 in late July and I didn't know what deer it was but I was guessing he was 3yso. I did notice what looked like an antler growing from the left side of his face about in the middle. I got more pics of him on Sunday in velvet and I realized it was the deer I was chasing the last 2 months of the season last year, we had called him scarface because he had a dark scar on the left side of his face, he was a mainframe 9 with a kicker on the right side last year. It turns out it is the same deer and this year he has grown an antler out of his face where the scar was last year. The reason I didn't recognize him the first time is that he lost a g4 and a sticker on the right, but added a split g2 on the left this year. His frame is the same size as last year and he might even score smaller. He is no giant for sure and not even a big deer, but he is 4yso this year so he will be on the hitlist.

18. HoytHunter831

Dislikes Received:
    My dad and I are headed out west early tomorrow morning for a last minute antelope/mulie hunt. We will be in western NE until probably Sunday or Monday. We aren't sure if we want to chase antelope again or mulies. This will be my 4th hunt out there and I am pumped! Hopefully we can get something this time and maybe I can even get our team on the board with a nice Mule deer! Nevertheless it will be a great time!

19. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    T-minus 56hours until my alarm goes off for opening day! Cant wait! Been keeping an eye on the forecast and from the looks of the wind could not be more PERFECT for several potential stand locations. Hopefully I can get some action early and restock the empty freezer!

20. .09 Outdooors

Dislikes Received:
    Well I had the ****test day in the woods in a while, busted a 130...missed a 160...The 160 acted like it got shot, rolled on the ground, stood up wobbling and everything...1 spec of blood on arrow, none on ground, no fur, and no deer after a couple hours of searching...Im pretty down about the whole thing, not sure when ill be back in the woods....