Did you lift today?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by ArcheryGirl, Jul 6, 2014.

1. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

And I can't go today :( Are you going tomorrow as well?

2. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I've seen vid of that girl lifting with her jacked up form. Put your back flat ya cheater

3. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, almost thought I saw you but figured you wouldn't be hanging out with a dude shorter than you with an Amish beard and cutoff shirt with tattoo covered arms and Imaginary Lat Syndrome.

Might run up there tomorrow, need to drop 10-20 pounds in the next 2 weeks before I start my new gig at work.

4. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Competitive Bench Pressing is a damn joke. People putting on their Bench suits with a full pit crew. Bench Contests should be raw and no BS. Arching the back is fine, just take the dang bench suits off and run what you brung under the dang bar.

5. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Nope that's not me but I know exactly who you are talking about. Not sure what she is doing with him. Probably has a really big... wallet muhahaha

I also cut my hair a few weeks ago so no ponytail until it's long enough :(

6. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    He used to work out with another doofus. They talked to me a few times around 3-4 years ago and were knuckleheads. The guy has zero personality and thinks he is billy bad arse, my buddy and I were cracking up tonight.

7. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

So are you going to be back tomorrow?

8. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I think so, likely between 6-6:30.

9. patmcm129

patmcm129 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Crossfit everyday

10. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Hey Jason, does your buddy drive a VW Passat and have a bunch of tattoos?

11. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, he drives a Charcoal Gray Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit. Used to have a range Rover Sport that was Black. Unless you are talking about Brian (Coach T), if he was short and built like a brick ****house and had a Green Bay tattoo on his shoulder then yes he is my buddy.

12. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Didn't see what kind of tattoos he had but brick seems fitting lol

13. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like Brian, there is a picture earlier in this thread of us at the gym.

14. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

Yeah I thought it was him but wasn't sure.

So who is "Jersey" ? lol God we have some strange people at that place. So TroyS where are you???

15. StringPuller#1

StringPuller#1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here I go again.........chest, back and shoulders.

16. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The most working out I've done in 6 years is helping my buddy move his gym equipment into a moving truck. I can appreciate you wanting to help others and show them the right way to do it. I want to help people learn how to drive all the time! Luckily smashing into them when they run a red light cause they are late for work after stopping at Starbucks hasn't happened yet.

IMO if you watched them that long and nobody came over and said anything, I think the people working at the gym should be paying a lot more attention. If a membership is important to them, they probably should have taken just a minute or two to help out.

17. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Some dude in green sweats that was all tanned and thought he was Hercules. The Tattoo loving Amish bearded Slayer dude was stacking a ton of weight to do shrugs, we were all giving him funny looks. His tall blonde girl must be insecure and think he is the man.

18. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I work out 3-4 times a week and I am always amazed at some of the peoples forms. There is a gentleman that comes into my gym on a regular basis. He walks in wearing this huge lifting belt, goes over to the "Smith Machine" and cockily puts on about 300lbs for a bench press. All well and good, but this guy is about 5'5" and MAYBE 130lbs soaking wet with boots on. His bench press consists of lifting the bar up off the locked position, down maybe 2" and back up. I'm sure it is working the muscles a little.. but wow. To me a rep on the bench press is from lock out position, down until you touch your chest and back up to lock out position. He does the same on curls.. loads up a ton of weight, throws it up his body until he has it sitting almost on his chest and then comes down 2" and back.

Seeing stuff like that, it's hard.. should you try and tell them the proper form, or just mind your own business? I'll also see new guys and girls coming in and doing an excercise, but looking all around to watch others. I get the feeling they are trying to formulate a plan for working out, but same thing. Approach them and try to help, or just mind your own?

19. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got a good workout in this morning, looked as though I fell in a swimming pool when finished. Started out with chest day but threw on some shoulders/tris at the end because I still hadn't burned through all the pre workout jitters. Then moved on to cardio. Two miles in 15 minutes followed with a 4mph walk on max incline for a mile. I'm not sure the max incline walk doesn't hurt more than running itself. Much easier on the joints/shin splints too.

20. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    People always seem to have a tendency to think More is better. Form is king. I hate watching people destroy themselves.