Quiver and stabilizer questions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bgusty, Jul 15, 2014.

1. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking to upgrade some of the accessories on my bow. Right now I am just using a quikee quiver on my bow, looking at getting something nicer. What do you guys like, and why? I have always taken my quiver off my bow when shooting up until now, wondering if there is any advantage to leaving it on. I do like the compactness of the new Mathews quivers, but that $140 price tag is pretty hefty.

As for stabilizers, same deal. Looking at getting something a little nicer than the cheap one I have on. Axion or K-tech.. 6" or less. Any big difference between the two as far as making things more stable or quieter?

Thanks for the help everyone.

2. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  3. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have always shot with the quiver on. I like the fact that I have a second shot at the ready, that I don't have to blindly reach around for my quiver hanging on the tree. Shooting with the quiver off does give you a better balance of your whole rig though.

I use the Tightspot quiver, and I have the 9" Trophy Ridge Static stabilizer to balance out the setup. You will want to have your bow all set up and try different stabilizers, to find the one that balances the best for what you have on it. Get one that you can add/remove weights to the front, as this will make it more versatile as well.

V

4. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a heli-m as well...Love my Mathews T-3 Quiver, does what it is supposed to and matches the bow! For stabilizers I have a 5" axion gridlock stabilizer and a pine ridge Nitro 7.5" that i trade off sometimes. They both feel great and balance the bow really well. Don't see too much difference in them, feel like the longer pine ridge nitro throw more weight forward a little so like it when shooting from the ground or in a blind...Axion is on my bow now and truthfully dont change them up much lol Both good stabs though, check them out. Good luck!

Trophy Ride:
    Mean Green-My Helim.jpg

Axion:
    Heli-M Green w: Axion.jpg

Attached Files:

5. linewrench

linewrench Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use the NAP Apache stabilizer and before that a s coil. The Apache is a little heavier but really balances my bow well and dampens very well. for quiver i have used the apex gear 5 arrow for a while now, best thing about it is it holds the arrows in close together like a 3 arrow quiver but the magnet attachment system can be a pain sometimes.

6. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet looking rig, especially with the color matching. I like the t-3, and if I could ever find one on the local craigslist I would love to pick that up. That said, the new 4 arrow quiver looks to be a really good balance of compact and still giving you that extra arrow.

7. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Two piece Mathews quiver and Stokerized SS1 are solid options. Tight Spot makes a nice quiver also. I shoot with the quiver on the bow and a pack on my back unless things get really good and time allows for dropping gear. In a tree you may as well get comfortable.

8. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man, yea I was looking at the new 4 arrow also, cool how they're offeered in colors also...just kept my T-3 though...after all it only takes one LOL

I like the Stokerized as well, looked at getting one also but went with the Nitro cause it was cheaper. I LOVE the tight spot quiver, if I hunted more from the ground more stalking... I would DEF get one, but I take my quiver off once settled in my stand or blind. Hopefully I be able to go on an elk hunt one day and that will be the quiver on my bow for that!

9. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Right On Brother!

Fired Up, Fired Up!!!

10. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought the T3 was one you leave on the bow, or does it have some way of quickly detaching?

11. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it comes off, its the "C-Type Bracket" mathews made.... screw it into the riser and the quiver actually locks into it.

12. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Look at the pics of my rig between the upper limb and my sight, that black C-Bracket is the quiver mount

13. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Learned something new today. I always thought that C bracket just allowed them to mount the quiver higher. I never knew that it was a quick detach system. Good to know.

14. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last season I decided to start shooting with my quiver on. I got a Tightspot and do not regret it. But if you take your quiver off there are certainly cheaper quivers that perform nicely.

I was using a 6" Stokerized but moved it to my backup bow and I am going to try a Pine Ridge Sawtooth. If I don't like it I will just put the Stokerized back on.

15. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tight Spot Quiver
    +
    Ktech tech twin 5 stabilizer in lost camo
    =Dead sexy

16. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 HeliMs. I take mine off while hunting. For me the best is the T series quiver. I have 2 T5s and will pick up a CT4 tomorrow. I have tried others including tight spot and for me the T series works the best. It's compact, light and quiet. I use the shortest bracket to mount it close to the riser. I have tried many stabs and like the KTech multirod KB26 the best. I have it on one bow, the others have a Tech5 & Tech3. I have a Tech7 too. They are all work good, but I recommend the Multirod. Also Kerry at KTech is a great guy. I never met him but talked to him on the phone a couple of time. It everyone ran a business like he does life would be better for all of us. Best online price I found was at Eagle Archery in WI.