Foxpro

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BigPhil_H, Jun 17, 2014.

1. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am trying to sell my Flextone Echo HD (listed in classifieds) and want to buy a Foxpro, either Spitfire or Wildfire. Does anyone have this call? If so, do you like it and would you recommend? Furthermore, can you provide a brief pro/con description.

Thank you in advance,

2. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the spitfire and it is a great call for the novice. It's best feature is price because it does have some drawbacks, but if you aren't a diehard predator hunter it is great. I would suggest picking up the decoy that replaces the battery door panel, it is quiet and I love having the ability to turn it off and on with my remote. As far as the call goes, the only drawback is that it loses a little clarity at full volume which is where some of the more expensive models shine. I rarely find myself using the call at full volume, in fact, I only have to stands where I ever do, but the extra volume and, clarity would be nice. The only other drawback is limited sounds, which could be a big drawback if you planned on using it for a variety of animals.

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the spitfire as well and I mainly predator hunt after deer season to give the fawns a better chance to survive in the spring, so I'm by no means hardcore. I think your assessment of the call is spot on! I'd recommend if for any beginner based on price alone

4. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking about the Wildfire 2..they say that one is supposed to perform a little better at high volumes. Also, I like the idea that you can plug it in to your computer and buy more sounds for a few more dollars. Is the Spitfire pretty loud?

5. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    I find it to be adequately loud for my purposes. However, I'm hunting kansas farmland and river bottoms, not the open country out west. That being said, My bread and butter setup is setting that thing in the middle of an 80 acre wheat field surrounded by creek bottom timber. I've called in animals from all directions in that setup. The property is 480 acres and I know some come from outside our boundaries. It's amazing how well they can hear. The decoy helps seal the deal! Good luck, and predator hunting can be very addictive, just a warning!

6. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, I can't wait. I found on allpredatorcalls.com that when you order a call, you have the option to select which calls or sounds you want on there instead of having the default sounds if you order it straight from the manufacturer or sporting good store

7. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds awesome! Lightning jack is my go to call! You gotta put that one on there

8. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
  9. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a spitfire and love it! It does everything I need in a call for a great price. I don't need 500 call options! Another thing, is FoxPro customer service is amazing!